AZ Archery Elk

Wow by the sounds of it it's a dream hunt. I'm headed to the world of averages in MT 278 is the biggest elk we have shot in this drainage out of 5 elk total in that area. Great bulls all of them public land monsters really. I may not hang my bull in scheels now that 344 score may look like a deer next to what you are talking about. Ha! I wish you the best.

Buschy...I will be hanging tight to the cell phone and computer...good luck in the AM! I hope you and Randy got some good footage today because tomorrow IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF! I can picture the footage already...The Monster jumps the fence and you center punch him at 70 yards! Say hi to Jimmy!

Good luck guys. This morning should be awesome just knowing you have your bow in your hand instead of a camera. Shoot straight.

Buschy- 11 years of waiting ends this morning. Good luck and to think if wasn't a dumb college kid when you started that process I would have had tag in hand as well. Instead the year the points went from 85 to 120 I bailed and you stuck it out. I'm waiting for the call of success.

Although Az has many beautiful places, you are in one of the better. Especially for big bulls. Good luck!!!!

OK Buschy, Finn, you do realize you have an entire website membership logging on to check for updates every 1/2 hour ?
We need a minuet by minuet account of today’s happenings !

Maybe this was Big Fins plan all along, imagine the hits Hunt Talk is getting right now.
Advertising rates are going up by the hour, while Fin and Buschy are sitting in camp with the big one hanging.

Should we post it now ?
Naw, let em keep checking for another day !

Sorry guys. Just in from the downpour. Didn't want to ruin the computer in the rain.

What is your record for number of hunters called in for one evening? I am up to four tonight.

Pretty disappointing. We had a lot bulls around. We park at the gate, and some hunters drive around our rigs and bounce up the trail to where they heard some elk. Wonder if they planned on shooting them from the truck, or what.

Cold, wet, and frustrated. But tomorrow is a new day.

We park at the gate, and some hunters drive around our rigs and bounce up the trail to where they heard some elk. Wonder if they planned on shooting them from the truck, or what.

Thats Az. Although sometime convenient, there are roads EVERYWHERE.

That's one thing I have heard about unit 1 is there are a lot of hunters. There might only be 100 bull tags but they give a bunch of cow tags away too. Keep at it there are a lot of elk and finding that hole full of them will be the ticket. Good luck guys and keep at it.

That's one thing I have heard about unit 1 is there are a lot of hunters. There might only be 100 bull tags but they give a bunch of cow tags away too. Keep at it there are a lot of elk and finding that hole full of them will be the ticket. Good luck guys and keep at it.

150 bull tags/75 cow tags. And that is spread out through 3 units for that hunt. More than enough to keep just about every water source crowded.

Two.biulls screaming at 300 yards. Come on daylight. We are movinmg in on them from downwind. More to post after daylight.

Cow and calf come to 70 anbd bring 340 bull to 100. They have moved off. Going after them now.

Back