AZ Archery Elk

I just passed a big elk pulling into town and the driver still had a smile from ear to ear.Can't wait to get a good look at this bull. Again congratulations busch and I will talk to you soon.

Heck of a job, Buschy, and heck of a result! Congratulations, you sure did earn him.

Let me add my congratulations Greg.
That’s a great bull, and well deserved.
I think I’ve logged on to the elk page more times in the last week checking your on going saga then the entire last year combined. Thanks for letting us tag along, it keep us on the edge of our seats.

way to go Buschy...great elk! and thanks to everyone who did such a great job posting on this hunt so we could all be there too.

BigFin...You have a great show...the best on tv...hope you put together a show with some footage for us all to see...maybe a show with bits n pieces of great footage from the entire season?

Good luck on the sheep hunt, I cant wait to see it. You have my envy THERE as hunting sheep is the single biggest thing I have always wanted to do.

Last edited:
I was right, and got a 1st hand look at this 350 elk, Buschy is still grinning and totally pumped up. He finally got some sleep and ready to go again! Many more smiles to go be fore he sleeps. :hump::hump:

Back home yesterday evening and it felt good.

I spent most of today cleaning gear, doing laundry, cutting meat and dropping off the cape at the taxidermist. Here are some additional pics:

1. - 4. El Malpais Lava Fields in NM.
5. Looking out the back window on the way back to camp!
6. - 7. New Mexico Round up on the drive back.
8. I met some WI cheeseheads in Cheyenne, WY that did well in CO on private land w/ muzzleloaders.
9. Waking up to a beautiful sunrise after some shuteye outside of Lusk, WY.
10. Sundance, WY scenery.
11. Meeting up with Grizzley and Upper Deck in ND for some antelope and mulie archery hunting on the way home!

Thanks for all of the kind comments guys. AZ was a blast! Grizzley and I leave for our NM 16C rifle elk hunt in just over three weeks and I can't wait:hump::hump::D

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 516
Great bull Buschy and way to stick with it.

Hope to get a chance to see the critter in person some day.

Can't wait to see what the next hunt bring for you, I am sure it will be another grand adventure.

Congrats on such an awesome hunt! Nothing like 11th hour success. Beautiful bull!

Gotta love that 7th day in Arizona. Congrats Buschy on a great bull. You all hunted hard and deserved every piece of that bull.

Just got back in from new mexico Elk hunt in 16 and 15. Was a good time got some bulls but not as nice as this one. Talked to Greg 1st time since he left.
I was glad to have met him and his friends and I wanted to again thank you for letting me share your hunt with you. My daughter has a late rifle hunt in 27 just south of Where Buschy killed his bull and we'll see what we can do. Im prayin for snow and alot of it.
Take care and good hunting all.
JD

JD,

Make sure and fill us in on your elk hunts this November. We need lots of pics.

I will contact you in a week or so and we can set up a time to meet while we are in NM. Take care!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back