AZ Archery Elk

Great storyl. Congratulations. I'm glad you filled my Unit 1 tag with a nice bull. If I had to guess, I'd guess between 345 and 355, but then I don't have to guess, do I?

Great job Buschy. I am very glad you connected. It was only a matter of time, given how hard you were working and the bulls were getting more vocal every day.

Like you said when we were filming, it really doesn't matter what he will score, so long as you have given it your best effort, which is certainly the case. And, you ended up with a bull that will be hard to top. But, a lucky guy like you might just do that, when you go to NM next month,

Drive careful. It will be a long trip home.

For fun, you need to post a pic of that bull getting crammed into your fuel saving vehicle. Can't imagine the heads that will turn as you drive across the country with that big rack on the top of that rig.

Congrats again. The camera guys and I really enjoyed our time with you and Jim. Hopefully it will not be our last camp together.

Man what a good night's sleep!

After a long picture session, Jim and I quartered the bull and met Prairie Ghost in Springerville for lunch. We got ice and headed back to camp to tear down. Again it rained:mad:,but I would have been surprised if it had done anything else. I boned and caped out the bull right before dark. After the sun set I drove over to the area I had my cameras and had to spend an hour walking up the mountain in the dark and rain to get them.

I need to say a special thank you to Jim for the elk hunting experience you brought and the friendship over the years. You have done an awful lot for me that you didn't need to do. I am thankful I know you. Thank you to Big Fin and the camera guys, Loren and Randy, You guys made the whole process easy and sharing a camp with you was a treat. I learned more about hunting and calling elk from BF in a week than I thought possible. A focused and fun bunch for sure! Did you get all of the cantalope eaten? Finally, thank you Prairie Ghost. Your knowledge of elk, and big bulls in particular, is downright scary. You are truely a class act and it was a blessing to meet you and hunt with you. I am leaving AZ with a dream bull and great new friends. This has been, without a doubt, the greatest hunt I have ever been on. There are truely not the right words and I can never thank you all enough:) !!!!!!

I am going to get breakfast, more ice and hit the road. Here are a few more pics. Two guys from California, Robert and Lee, drew the same tag. They were great guys and Lee tagged out on his first bull on Wednesday night. Here is his bull. Robert is waiting for a "crusher" like mine, as he put it. Right now they have screaming bulls walking within 100 yards of camp during the day and night so I am certain he will do well.

I am taking another quick shower and hitting the road. Have a great weekend and I will sign on again when I get home with more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 331
Way to go, Buschy!!! And kudos to everyone who helped out, both during and after the hunt! Tagging out on a g-r-e-a-t bull in Arizona is NOT as easy as a lot of people who've never hunted here think --- yours was definitely worth the hard work, frustration, and patience. That's one big-bodied, thick-antlered bull --- talk about a s-t-r-o-n-g right side!!! He's going to make an awesome mount for your wall --- congrats again ...

Ya did well Buschy!

You held out for a great bull and a good shot and pulled through. You did it right. Congrats.

Great bull man, congrats. Way to stick with it during what sounds like the hunt of a lifetime.

MN oldman

What a great bull especially with a bow. Thanks for the on-line hunt, it was fun to follow.

congrats on a great looking bull Buschy. maybe next time, you'll take my advice and get it done quickly??? naw, not as much fun.;):D

The feeling must have been unreal. You worked you butt off and the reward is more then any hunter could ever ask for what an amazing bull. Thanks for taking us with you on this blog. I would love to come see it when you get back to ND.

I have worked the pencil 10 times pictures are very hard to judge but he looks 350 plus??? Mass, beam length and spread I had to take a very wild guess on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back