Axl hits the big time

mtmiller

I thought this was pretty cool. I got home from vacation last night and there was a note UPS left a package at the back door. Crap I don't remember a Cabelas purchase before I hit the road. Opened up the package and saw a cool book with a familiar yellow beast on the cover.

Axl_bookLarge.jpg

A few months ago the author emailed me to see if I would allow pics of Axl for a book he was putting together (pretty sure he lurks here, but I contacted my on a waterfowl site I also frequent).

I only asked for a copy of the book when it was published and for Axl to be credited. There are several pics of Axl in the book and obviously the cover shot.

I am looking forward to reading the book and thanks for the copy Eric Begbie.

You have something special there. The pic is awesome and well deserving of being on the cover.

All right, i see Axle the star wonder dog but how in the hell did that ugly face of yours make it on that thing??:D
But really, i see a bit of grey on the old guys face:(

Real cool! The pictures you take of your dog are the best of that type I've ever seen. It doesn't suprise me they are used in the book or on the cover. Give that dog a bone!

Come on Jose and Ith, I thought I left enough of another book on the coffee table to get a comment out of you.:D

Awesome for both you and the dog. My most famous "publication" is being included in a reloading manual when I was younger. I'm thinking the two books on the lower level of the table are hardbound Cabela's catalogs?

You're famous! If Axl still had all of his parts he could be even more valuable.

I'm trying to decipher the title of the book laying on its side behind yours.

"Carpet Munching" ?

T Bone said:
I'm trying to decipher the title of the book laying on its side behind yours.

"Carpet Munching" ?

:D More like "The Art of Donkey Punching"

That's pretty cool, Craig.

I think the "other" book is "Welfare Ranching." Is that homework reading from work? ;)

Oak said:
That's pretty cool, Craig.

I think the "other" book is "Welfare Ranching." Is that homework reading from work? ;)

We have a winner.:D Actually Oak, I picked up the book a couple months ago, but other than being a coaster, not much use yet.

Ovis and Tyson, I keep those two copies in the bedroom.:D

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back