PEAX Equipment

Australia to WY in 2020

Big_G

G'day everyone!

Gerard here from Tasmania, Australia.

After 9 years of buying points in Wyoming, 2020 will be my first time travelling outside of Australia to hunt Elk, Antelope and Deer.

I spend a lot of my free time watching youtube and listening to podcasts on the topic of your big game species, I especially love the content from Randy, Born and Raised and Hushin.

I am an experienced hunter who mainly targets Fallow and Sambar deer, but also chase small game (rabbits, wallaby, kangaroo) in the winter.

I am really looking forward to getting over there and experiencing what your Country has to offer!

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 33
  • A mature 7.5 year old Fallow Buck harvested for its meat and antlers by Gerard in 2012.JPG
    A mature 7.5 year old Fallow Buck harvested for its meat and antlers by Gerard in 2012.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 32
Nice fallow and samba! With 9 points you should draw some great tags. You going DIY or guided? If it’s DIY happy to help if you have questions.

G'day everyone!

Gerard here from Tasmania, Australia.

After 9 years of buying points in Wyoming, 2020 will be my first time travelling outside of Australia to hunt Elk, Antelope and Deer.

I spend a lot of my free time watching youtube and listening to podcasts on the topic of your big game species, I especially love the content from Randy, Born and Raised and Hushin.

I am an experienced hunter who mainly targets Fallow and Sambar deer, but also chase small game (rabbits, wallaby, kangaroo) in the winter.

I am really looking forward to getting over there and experiencing what your Country has to offer!

Cheers.
Good luck on your hunt.
That is a lovely looking Fallow Buck
Cheers
Richard

Nice fallow and samba! With 9 points you should draw some great tags. You going DIY or guided? If it’s DIY happy to help if you have questions.

I am fortunate to have a mate/mentor who travels to the US every year to hunt and he has been my go-to guy since the first time I purchased a point. He has a 4x4 with some camping equipment stored at a friends house in Sheridan, who also happens to be a horseman and will be scouting the unit for me if I draw a tag. I also have a few points in Montana so depending on draw results, I am planning on spending a month over there hunting about.

Good luck on your hunt.
That is a lovely looking Fallow Buck
Cheers
Richard

Thanks Richard.

We manage the deer on our 13,000 acre property to try and produce trophy animals. 'Quality Deer Management' was actually created in Tasmania when Brian Murphy was employed by the State Government in 1994. This buck is the #1 deer to come off the property and scored 241 Douglas Points.

Lovely sambar stag, it seems to be a species that doesn't click for Americans for whatever reason.

Best of luck with WY you're a few points ahead of me. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your hunters safety?

Welcome to the forum and can't wait to hear about your adventure here. I remember the first time I saw the Rockies and still get excited every time I look out my window :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back