Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

I have a problem with the offline layers disappearing on me. Last fall I was out of service for a week except for one spot and after a day or two all my layers would disappear off my saved maps and I could not get them back until I went to that spot and got cell service for minute. Any ideas of the cause?
This is a common problem with mine also.

I have a problem with the offline layers disappearing on me. Last fall I was out of service for a week except for one spot and after a day or two all my layers would disappear off my saved maps and I could not get them back until I went to that spot and got cell service for minute. Any ideas of the cause?

There was a small bug that caused that issue but it was fixed quickly after it was discovered last year. Please ensure you have the most up to date version of the app so that you have the version that has all known issues fixed. Feel free to give us a call at 406-540-1600 if you have any other questions.

Are you asking if you would have good reliable results to use it for navigating while flying? Or using on the ground for the hunt? I download all the coverage I need for the area I want to hunt so I can use it offline. GPS in phone works without cell signal. So for use while hunting without a cell signal its good.

I don't think I'd want to get in an airplane with anyone that was using OnX to navigate with though. Hahaha!

Are you asking if you would have good reliable results to use it for navigating while flying? Or using on the ground for the hunt? I download all the coverage I need for the area I want to hunt so I can use it offline. GPS in phone works without cell signal. So for use while hunting without a cell signal its good.

I don't think I'd want to get in an airplane with anyone that was using OnX to navigate with though. Hahaha!

I think it may have been more along the lines of a rhetorical question.

This is more of an FYI then a question but,

For some time now I have been irritated with the performance of OnX on my Win 10 laptop and pretty much just used the ipad app to do any real scouting. However this morning while fighting with OnX on my laptop via my usual goto browser Firefox, MS decided to notify me they had updated my formally broken Edge browser so I thought what the heck...lets give it a shot. Turns out it was a good choice. OnX is working way way better then before. The screen refreshes and moves quite well and so far hasn't made me bang my head on the desk. So if you have problems with OnX or any other website for that matter be sure to try a different browser. You might get better results.

When I am on my computer using Chrome and I try to zoom in from 5 mi to 2 mile while in Satellite or Hybrid view, it changes over to topo. Why is that and how can I zoom in to 2 mi or less and view the Satellite view?

Maybe this has been asked and answered … but does OnXMaps have a Township, Range, Section, Quarter-Quarter layer? If not, have you thought about it? Sometime folks use legal descriptions when describing a location.

Maybe this has been asked and answered … but does OnXMaps have a Township, Range, Section, Quarter-Quarter layer? If not, have you thought about it? Sometime folks use legal descriptions when describing a location.
There is sections layer under hunting that you can turn on.
Sections
The Bureau of Land Management public land survey system Township, Range and Section divisions. Also includes other Statewide land survey systems like Abstracts and Land Grants.

Onx i want you to copy the terrain feature off of goggle, replace that crappy topo hyb thing. Is it possible to enable double click or even turn off additional info for ownership(i just need property lines)? When using it in my SxS or sometimes even just walking fast my unsteady hand in attempt to move screen activates ownership info and then i have to close it etc and get back to page i actually wanted, just annoying not significant. Thanks i just renewed again....overall very helpful product

When I am on my computer using Chrome and I try to zoom in from 5 mi to 2 mile while in Satellite or Hybrid view, it changes over to topo. Why is that and how can I zoom in to 2 mi or less and view the Satellite view?
You likely have the Forest Visitors map turned on. Go into the Map Layers menu, then find the Hunt section, turn off that layer and it will no longer happen.

Onx i want you to copy the terrain feature off of goggle, replace that crappy topo hyb thing. Is it possible to enable double click or even turn off additional info for ownership(i just need property lines)? When using it in my SxS or sometimes even just walking fast my unsteady hand in attempt to move screen activates ownership info and then i have to close it etc and get back to page i actually wanted, just annoying not significant. Thanks i just renewed again....overall very helpful product
Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate the insight users like you offer so I'll bring those up to our team so we can continue to improve our product!

Still have no lat/long in my webapp on all waypoints, on any computer, any browser, and all support keeps saying is clear my cookies. It's been a week now of back and forth and I'm approaching a new level of frustration. Please help!?

Still have no lat/long in my webapp on all waypoints, on any computer, any browser, and all support keeps saying is clear my cookies. It's been a week now of back and forth and I'm approaching a new level of frustration. Please help!?
FIXED! Apparently there is a "secret spot" mode that zeros out all your lat/long. I must have accidentally enabled. Oh well... I know now!

We are looking into it but do not have any timetable on when it might be available. thanks for the feedback
I was going to ask this same question. Great to hear that you guys are looking into it already! OnX coupled with the 3D capabilities of google earth would be absolutely amazing!

@onX Hunt I'm not sure if there is a way but it'd be nice if so... Is there a way to mass delete pins? Sometimes I get a bit carried away during a hunt and looking back I'm like ok, that's too many pins ha!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back