Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

Every time I try to share a Waypoint or receive a shared Waypoint from someone else, I get an error that says.....
"We're sorry, something went wrong receiving your shared markup."

Any ideas? I've already tried re-installing the app.

You'll want to ensure you both have the most updated version of the app as that could be causing an issue. Feel free to shoot us a message or give us a call at 406-540-1600 so we can gather more information if you're still having issues after updating.

I'm wondering if Onx has any way to add a map layer called "seasons" (or maybe it already does and I just don't know it). I'm scouting for my mountain goat and Google Earth has better imagery than OnX of goat trails and the like because Google Earth's imagery is taken more in mid-summer or so it appears. OnX's imagery has far more snow on it making it hard to scout and place pins on stuff that interests me.

Any thoughts?

I loaded update today, then one of my offline maps went missing. How many offline maps can be saved to the list?

With an active membership, the only limitation to saved maps is how much storage you have on your device. (a free basic account is limited to 1 saved map)

Is it possible to organize waypoints into folders? Say I have a hunt area that I want to populate for early fall, but also late rifle, but don't want the clutter of tracks and waypoints from a different season- just select a folder to turn off all at once?

Is it possible to organize waypoints into folders? Say I have a hunt area that I want to populate for early fall, but also late rifle, but don't want the clutter of tracks and waypoints from a different season- just select a folder to turn off all at once?

Or a folder you can share with a buddy...

Or a folder you can share with a buddy...
Also, is there a way to toggle waypoints on and off? I have enough in certain areas where they kind of crowd out the other features of the map when zoomed out far enough.

Any reason OnX switched from Inciweb to the National Interagency Fire Center for current wildfire mapping? Puzzling when the Center links and gets maps from Inciweb. It also used to update daily on the OnX app, not so anymore.

Any reason OnX switched from Inciweb to the National Interagency Fire Center for current wildfire mapping? Puzzling when the Center links and gets maps from Inciweb. It also used to update daily on the OnX app, not so anymore.
Not sure but it seems inciweb has missed a lot of fires this year when comparing to the state DNRC site

Latency seems off the chart lately. I do have an older computer, but other mapping systems are nowhere near as slow as OnX currently. Is there anything up??

Latency seems off the chart lately. I do have an older computer, but other mapping systems are nowhere near as slow as OnX currently. Is there anything up??

I thought that was just me. If I'm trying to use OnX on my computer it's so slow. And God forbid I try and use Google maps at the same time.

My onX has been faster than usual. I talked to them today about an anomaly I was seeing and a new feature is coming that many will like.

My Tracker quit after several Pause then Resume iterations. The Tracker line disappeared and all that was shown is time elapsed, no more distance travelled, no more rate of travel, no more travel path line. The ONX tech assisted me in resetting my Android phone to "high performance". Will that solve the problem?

A friend also experienced the same malfunction and explained that their Tracker line became a straight line to present location. Any ideas regarding this experienced glitch?

My Tracker quit after several Pause then Resume iterations. The Tracker line disappeared and all that was shown is time elapsed, no more distance travelled, no more rate of travel, no more travel path line. The ONX tech assisted me in resetting my Android phone to "high performance". Will that solve the problem?

A friend also experienced the same malfunction and explained that their Tracker line became a straight line to present location. Any ideas regarding this experienced glitch?

It might be battery saving mode. If I have my phone set to save battery at all it won't track in the background.

Last weekend while out hunting I was using the offline map and a portion of one of my online map was very blurry and I couldn’t see that section of the offline map. What could this be?

I second the issue with downloaded offline layers not loading (or being ‘blurry’) unless you eventually hit some service. That has been my main issue for years and 90% of my usage is when I’m out of service on downloaded offline maps (v20.32.0) - it clears up when following the steps outlined above but it’s frustrating.

Also - recently (last 3-6 months) I’ve noticed that if I start OnX in offline mode, the ‘Upgrade’ button appears in the lower left hand corner (app thinks I am a basic user). It appears there when You start it in online mode too, but I can simply click on my profile and it “catches up” that I have the Elite membership, but offline - the red button stays on the lower left hand corner and I am thinking it might be causing some of the ‘blurry’/non-loading layers in my downloaded maps as it seems to think I am a basic member until I hit service and refresh.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back