Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

That would come down to the GPS in your phone having issues pinpointing your location. If this does happen, go into the Location Services of your device, turn them off for 30 seconds, then turn them back on to refresh them and try again.

Thanks! I tried this and then turned the phone off and back on but didn’t wait 30 minutes. Ended up following the help thing from you guys within the app and resetting location services and it solved it. If it happens again I’ll try this. Thanks!

You will want to wait until your current membership expires to redeem that code. Unfortunately the system is unable to recognize and add time so it would technically start a new membership when you redeem it so any overlapping time would be lost.

Thanks my month to month expires April 27 so I cancelled auto renew. Sounds like I will be able to plug in the elite discount code as of April 28 switch to a 1-year plan...And not lose my data etc.
My brother bought one too so he needs to wait till January when his annual plan expires to use the discount.

Last edited:
I've been searching area bounderies on onx. There are some places that are labeled as "USA" ownership. Are those areas open for public hunting?

I imagine this has been asked before, but yeesh, sifting through 26 pages is daunting. I used to be able to lighten the transparency of certain layers, but now see no way to do so. Is there a way to make layers more transparent? @onX Hunt ?

Last edited:
Is there a way to add more color options to tracks and way points? I know there are a hand full now but more would be better in my opinion.

Forgive me if this has been asked (I'm sure it has) but are there any plans to offer a 3D viewing function like google earth has? I find my self constantly switching screens back and forth from OnX to Google Earth while e-scouting

Is there a way to add more color options to tracks and way points? I know there are a hand full now but more would be better in my opinion.
'You are not able to add more colors manually but we are looking into add more colors, let us know if you have any suggestions!

Forgive me if this has been asked (I'm sure it has) but are there any plans to offer a 3D viewing function like google earth has? I find my self constantly switching screens back and forth from OnX to Google Earth while e-scouting

We are looking into it but do not have any timetable on when it might be available. thanks for the feedback

Over the last year or so, I experience a crash at least once an hour. Usually quite a bit more. 3 phones over that time. All Android's.

The last couple seasons it had been running rock solid, wondering if anyone else has seen a decrease in stability? Anyone have suggestions for improving it?

How accurate are the motor vehicle roads and trails for open and gated roads and trails?

Over the last year or so, I experience a crash at least once an hour. Usually quite a bit more. 3 phones over that time. All Android's.

The last couple seasons it had been running rock solid, wondering if anyone else has seen a decrease in stability? Anyone have suggestions for improving it?
Give us a call at 406-540-1600 or email [email protected] if you ever experience any issues. We can get you up and running as soon as possible.

I've been searching area bounderies on onx. There are some places that are labeled as "USA" ownership. Are those areas open for public hunting?
I’m sure the answer to this can vary, but Ive seen some of these near me and they are military owned and not public to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Any chance of getting a paintbrush function in onX? I see Randy has to export to MS Paint or a similar program in his e-scouting videos. It would be neat if you could choose a brush size based on distances they cover, ex. 100 yd, .25 mile, mile.

I have looked but not seen an answer. I was online planning my ID archery elk hunt a lot last year. And then again online afterwards looking at the waypoints. I used to be able to zoom into a very high res imagery online that was not available offline. Now when I am online, I can't seem to zoom into the high res imagery anymore. When did this feature disappear? It was very useful to look at deadfall tmber areas as I was planning even if it wasn't available offline. Now with only the medium resolution imagery I can't see the deadfall and openings any more. Also, the high res imagery was snow free and it was soooo much better for looking at the actual type of terrain and vegetation than the medium res imagery that has a ton of snow coverage on it.

Is is possible to get snow free imagery for areas of ID and MT???

Should I limit the number of states I have layers open in? Sometimes I might have 3 states open.,

I have a problem with the offline layers disappearing on me. Last fall I was out of service for a week except for one spot and after a day or two all my layers would disappear off my saved maps and I could not get them back until I went to that spot and got cell service for minute. Any ideas of the cause?

Back