MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

Gaia Maps just released a new update, that allows their maps to work with Apple Carplay.....Onx, please follow suit. This is the biggest feature I have wanted for these app's. It sounds like the road is now paved, I hope you can follow it.

I have been thinking about purchasing a tablet device to download OnX on so I could have a bigger screen in the truck, and phone in the field. Is this doable with 1 account? I would have to buy it for that reason, then end up buying two accounts.

Thanks

I have been thinking about purchasing a tablet device to download OnX on so I could have a bigger screen in the truck, and phone in the field. Is this doable with 1 account? I would have to buy it for that reason, then end up buying two accounts.

Thanks
I do this with one account. Both are Android and I sign in with the same info. Make sure your tablet has a GPS feature built-in. Also nice I'd the magnetic stands to put it on your dash board.

Is it possible to access a current track being made from my phone from my computer at home logged into my account? I'm guessing it wouldn't be possible because the track has to be saved using data? I wonder if I had data I could periodically save my track for someone to follow where I'm at semi-live?

I just about always hunt by myself, just wondering if there is a way to have my wife or a friend have the ability to get updates of my current location?

I had some serious trouble with onx this morning. App kept crashing which wouldn't be a big deal but it had a lot of trouble restarting! I thought it had to do with using the "take photo" feature but it crashed once without using that. Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble or if I need to do something to my phone.

Is it possible to access a current track being made from my phone from my computer at home logged into my account? I'm guessing it wouldn't be possible because the track has to be saved using data? I wonder if I had data I could periodically save my track for someone to follow where I'm at semi-live?

I just about always hunt by myself, just wondering if there is a way to have my wife or a friend have the ability to get updates of my current location?

I use the garmin inreach mini. You have to have a subscription but it has that sort of capability. Also good for when the app crashes, see my last comment.

I believe it would as long as you had internet service and she would have to refresh the log on

Any chance of getting a stream/water regulation layer from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission? They have a nice map on their site that overlays regulations and stream classifications over bodies of water. Would love to have that OnX

Thanks

As another user stated. Yes this is possible, simply download the app and log in with the same email address and password and you'll be set. Any waypoints, markups, etc you make will automatically sync between the devices as well so you will not need to mark them again. However, offline maps are saved to the device it self so keep that in mind so you will have to save the maps on both devices.

I had some serious trouble with onx this morning. App kept crashing which wouldn't be a big deal but it had a lot of trouble restarting! I thought it had to do with using the "take photo" feature but it crashed once without using that. Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble or if I need to do something to my phone.

Sorry to hear you had issues this weekend.
Give us a call at 406-540-1600 or email [email protected] with some additional information such as the type of device you are using, the software version of your device and of the app. Since it started occurring with the photo feature it could be due to that but with the additional information we can look into it further.

Any chance of getting a stream/water regulation layer from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission? They have a nice map on their site that overlays regulations and stream classifications over bodies of water. Would love to have that OnX

I'll pass that information along to our team to look into! Thank you!

I was thinking of getting a refurbished Ipad mini and installing the onXmaps app on it. My question does anyone know if the iPad mini would be able to predownload maps on it like we do with our phones then put it into airplane mode and use it in the field like an iPhone can in the field?

1) Do you anticipate Colorado species data/layers ever making a return?

2) What do these circles mean? They are in a few spots for me when I zoom in, and they don't seem to be a layer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-073352.png
    Screenshot_20200324-073352.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
I was thinking of getting a refurbished Ipad mini and installing the onXmaps app on it. My question does anyone know if the iPad mini would be able to predownload maps on it like we do with our phones then put it into airplane mode and use it in the field like an iPhone can in the field?

You'll need to ensure that the iPad you do get has a GPS receiver in it as some of the older models do not have that. If it does not have that then you could still download maps on wifi but it would not show your location while you are out in the field, if it does have it then you are good to go!

1) Do you anticipate Colorado species data/layers ever making a return?

2) What do these circles mean? They are in a few spots for me when I zoom in, and they don't seem to be a layer.

1) The Colorado species Layer came directly from the Colorado Hunting Atlas website. Unfortunately, we had a lot of users using this layer in our app and their website could not handle the workload so they requested that we remove it which we complied with. That information is still available on their website and we are currently gathering data ourselves to create a similar layer so be on the lookout for that in the future.

2) It appears those circles appear as part of the Trail Slope layer which shows average steepness of a trail where green is more flat terrain and red means steep, however those circles do not indicate anything and I'll have our team look into it! Thanks for bringing it to our attention (it will remove those circles if you turn that layer off)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back