Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

Does it do it everywhere you try or only in specific locations? The GPS on your phone is influenced by many factors that introduce error (tree cover, canyons, etc.).

It pretty much does it under tree canopy. And when I say it is off I mean literally it is off by miles at times. Not just across the hollow...

It pretty much does it under tree canopy. And when I say it is off I mean literally it is off by miles at times. Not just across the hollow...

does Google maps put you any closer at the time that OnX can't find you? I think it might be your phone, not the software.

Honestly I didnt try testing that. I will try that the next time I am in the woods.

I DID just do ANOTHER update to ONX yesterday. I just did one a month ago as well. Maybe that was the issue?

Don't know if this has been discussed yet but I just figured out that the Colorado Species Data is no longer available via OnX. They said the use was too high and the CPW server couldn't handle the load. Plans are for them to host it internally but I didn't get a date or time frame for when that would happen.

I just noticed Onx added breweries to its recreation sites. Maybe it has been there for a while, but I like it. Every time I use google maps to find a brewery all sorts of other bars/restaurants show up.

After I save a waypoint the three icon buttons on the bottom right of the screen (toggle topo/satellite, weather, and location) all vanish. I can’t figure out how to make them reappear other than to reboot the app every time. Anyone know how to get them to reappear w/o a reboot?

After I save a waypoint the three icon buttons on the bottom right of the screen (toggle topo/satellite, weather, and location) all vanish. I can’t figure out how to make them reappear other than to reboot the app every time. Anyone know how to get them to reappear w/o a reboot?

Click the screen twice. But make sure you are clicking a section of the map.

We are working on this as we speak. We identified a bug that caused this and are getting it fixed. For now, as you said rebooting the app will make them reappear, we have also had them come back by adding another waypoint to the app. Thanks for your patience and stay on top of updates to the app so that is resolved when we get it fixed.

Anybody know the number for customer service? I have a big charge on my debit card that should not be there.
Our number is 406-540-1600, give us a call and we'll look up your account and get everything straightened out.

I'm over the 1500 waypoint limit. Will there be a way to organize waypoints into say, folders (i.e. by state/unit), that I can then turn on/turn off the entire folder of waypoints?

Hey has anyone tried the new onx off road? It seems to show better road info and more options. I hope that they will add that to the regular onx. Because I dont want to have to run 2 apps and pay for 2 subscriptions.

We are working on this as we speak. We identified a bug that caused this and are getting it fixed. For now, as you said rebooting the app will make them reappear, we have also had them come back by adding another waypoint to the app. Thanks for your patience and stay on top of updates to the app so that is resolved when we get it fixed.

Does this have anything to do with waypoints not showing up on the web map, after the waypoint was marked/photo taken on my phone? I've tried to manually sync, made sure both were on WiFi. When I try to share the way point with a friend, they get an error message "There's something wrong with this shared content. The sender may need to share it again." Are my friend and I the only ones?

Does this have anything to do with waypoints not showing up on the web map, after the waypoint was marked/photo taken on my phone? I've tried to manually sync, made sure both were on WiFi. When I try to share the way point with a friend, they get an error message "There's something wrong with this shared content. The sender may need to share it again." Are my friend and I the only ones?

What type of phone are you currently using? This sounds like a separate issue that recently popped up. Feel free to give us a call at 406-540-1600 or shoot us a message and we'll gather more information to get you up and running!

What type of phone are you currently using? This sounds like a separate issue that recently popped up. Feel free to give us a call at 406-540-1600 or shoot us a message and we'll gather more information to get you up and running!
Just messaged you. Using andriod motorola z3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back