Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

My question may have been addressed before, but here goes:

I have a map book that gives locations in UTM, which would be nice to be able to enter into ONX. But ONX doesn't seem to accept them and I'm not sure why. My ONX settings indicate UTM units are being used but no go. I would hate to think one would have to do conversions such as UTM to Northing/Easting to make this work. Please advise.

So I’ve confirmed by research it is not possible to use UTM directly but instead one must do the interim conversion which is very labor intensive. This is unfortunate for what I’m attempting to do.

My question may have been addressed before, but here goes:

I have a map book that gives locations in UTM, which would be nice to be able to enter into ONX. But ONX doesn't seem to accept them and I'm not sure why. My ONX settings indicate UTM units are being used but no go. I would hate to think one would have to do conversions such as UTM to Northing/Easting to make this work. Please advise.

This is a serious issue and flaw!

This is a serious issue and flaw!
Obviously my interpretation as well. I would add that overall ONX is an awesome tool which I've put to great use, having UTM conversions would be a nice touch.

Last edited:
Obviously my interpretation as well. I would add that overall ONX is an awesome tool which I've put to great use, having UTM conversions would be a nice touch.
It’s pretty easy to build a widget that allows you to get coordinates in UTM and Lat Long... the problem is coordinate system/ projection. I didn’t have any issues because our web mapping application is focused on one area in one state, OnX works across the country so it’s going to be more difficult. Hence why they just provide Lat long in WGS 1984.

New here Question might have been asked. But some Guys at our deer camp are wanting to print off a large map with all of our stands(marked waypoints) for knowing locations and proximity to everyone. In order to get the full lease in the print view, we have to be zoomed out a good ways, but that increases the size of the waypoint relatively, causing some to be stacked on top of others. Has anyone found a solution to adjusting the waypoint size while printing maps?

OK, I really don't want to read 22 pages to see if this may have been mentioned, call me lazy,... Is there a way to add section lines to my Onx maps on my phone for South Dakota?

OK, I really don't want to read 22 pages to see if this may have been mentioned, call me lazy,... Is there a way to add section lines to my Onx maps on my phone for South Dakota?

I found it in the later library.

Layer Library > Hunt > Section Lines

I am having problems with my OnX having a hard time finding my location on my phone. It is jumping all over the place. Is there a good way to get the location services to work correctly? I mean, I know it isnt a RTK GPS but I mean this things is flying all over and rarely comes close to finding my actual location. For a while it worked great. Now it doesnt work very well.

And YES I do have my location services turned on for OnXmaps.

Thanks/.

I am having problems with my OnX having a hard time finding my location on my phone. It is jumping all over the place. Is there a good way to get the location services to work correctly? I mean, I know it isnt a RTK GPS but I mean this things is flying all over and rarely comes close to finding my actual location. For a while it worked great. Now it doesnt work very well.

And YES I do have my location services turned on for OnXmaps.

Thanks/.

Not that it helps you, but on my iPhone 7+ last year and my iPhone XR and ipadpro this year it worked flawlessly in central Wyoming and northern MN.

Back