Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Arizona sheep tag

Great luck! Frame that permit. You will probably never get a "number 1" permit again. I did that one time with javelina in Az. I still have that permit.

Dink, do we need to get the super team together again for the fantasy? I've got 6 doe tags, two elk tags and a Maria's River WMA date that teams me up with Tjones.

With Buzz on our team, I can kill all antler less again and you can kee drinking beer on your ATV.

Congrats Buzz. Nicely done!

Hunttalk Fantasy Hunt rule #2454.
Subsection F.
Paragraph 56 clearly states:

Any drawn and non-guided Desert Sheep hunt that is reasonably documented shall be awarded 2500 bonus points in addition to the ram score.

Based on this rule we can't lose. Go Team Buzz.................I mean Team Triple B.

Congratulations Buzz, can't wait to hear the story and pics of an awesome hunt. Good luck.

I hope you get a good one the first week! What a decision to get to make! With the data you'll gather, it should go well. Way to go!

Congrats, that should be a hunt of a lifetime! Don't forget to keep us updated on the hunt when you can. I will post up some MT ram pics on another thread to help you remember what they look like ;)

Damn that is awesome! Now how can I weasel my way in on this? I'd be good for chasing the skunks out of the tent in the middle of the night! :D

Hunttalk Fantasy Hunt rule #2454.
Subsection F.
Paragraph 56 clearly states:

Any drawn and non-guided Desert Sheep hunt that is reasonably documented shall be awarded 2500 bonus points in addition to the ram score.

Based on this rule we can't lose. Go Team Buzz.................I mean Team Triple B.

This sounds official, and I can tell that Hillary would sign it.

Huzzah for us!

Buzz,

Congrats on the sheep tag. 15CN use to be an awesome unit in Region 3. It has had a rough go over the past 15 years, but they did take a mid-60s ram out of there last year. I believe the last or biggest ram they have taken out of the unit was 175" in 2002. Around this same time frame the unit had a horrible drought, dieses (from a damn feral goat), wild dogs, coyotes, bobcats and mt. lions destroying the sheep population. 1 outfitter found 30, and I repeat,30 dead rams in 1 year! The unit also has a sheep travel corridor cut off to the south (Union Pass Highway 68). I do believe the population is slowly rebounding and you should get a packet from the AZ Game & Fish Department, which covers the sheep numbers in your unit.

Anyways, I live about 25 minutes from the unit, so if you need anything feel free to give me a call. It's not every day someone from out of state decides to go OYO on a Sheep Hunt and that's what is great about hunting and the free market draw system, you have the choice to hunt the way you want. I think you have your work cut out for you, but it's the adventure that matters and you are going to have a great hunt. I hope you kill a great ram!

Thanks,
Craig Steele

Last edited:
Wow, you are a lucky guy! Congrats. Nothing, I mean nothing like hunting desert sheep!

Attachments

• ram field shot 1.jpg
    ram field shot 1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Ram field shot2.jpg
    Ram field shot2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 158
I'm going to be sorely disappointed if I don't see a "mossback-esque" photo with a dead ram and a minimum 11 guys in the picture...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back