Arizona Elk - God, I love this place!

Try as I may, four hours of glassing has yielded nothing. I knew this would be a tough hunt, but didn't expect it to be quite this tough.

Time to break out the secret weapons, the classified plan, the hidden spot. A day and a half left, with half of that filled with TV requirements. For once, I would love to shoot something the first day.

Break out the maps and research notes.

Big Fin, use the "Force" to find your destiny. There is a new elk TV star out there waiting for you to discover him in all his trashy antlered glory.

For once, I would love to shoot something the first day.

If you shot something on the first day, these threads wouldn't be near as long or as interesting to read and we would have nothing to look forward to catching up on! Go get 'em and good luck!

Hope all is going well with your hunt! Sounds like it's just as difficult as last year! Hope masons hearing is spot on! Go get em!

Damn, half a day of TV crap? Hunting to make a TV show sounds like it takes an awful lot of extra effort...

In a five day hunt, it takes one and a half to two days, just for all the TV stuff. Forces you to work your tail off and be efficeint with your time, allowing for as much "hunting time" as possible. Could skip a lot of that but the finak product would be affected.

A big reason why I turn down requests to film "once in a lifetime" hunts. Our production is too much of an imposition.

Don't be driving any tent stakes with my spotter...and don't scratch my rifle either.

Take that Lawnboy!

Good luck with this episode's happy ending Randy.

Sitting here waiting for this afternoon lightning storm to pass. I don't do lightning. I will hunt in rain, snow, cold, and wind such as this, but no lightning. Thinking the elk know my aversion to lightning and called in a favor from the weatherman.

Got a good feeling about tonight, if I don't get electrocuted. :)

Don't be driving any tent stakes with my spotter...and don't scratch my rifle either.

Take that Lawnboy!

Good luck with this episode's happy ending Randy.

I cut the grass and have access to the storage shed. You chumps are outta luck :D I just have to ask Mrs. Fin to let me try out the gear and then I'll pick out what suits me best. I'll leave some crumbs for you beggars.;):D

I want to see a whistle teeth necklace by tomorrow night Fin. Git R Done

After the storm passed we jumped on some very fresh tracks. Walked them for the entire evening. Called with bugles and cow calls. Nothing. When it got dark, they were still somewhere ahead of us and headed to New Mexico.

Tomorrow is it. Getting up at 3am and heading back to those fresh tracks. Will take an hour to get thee, but that should give us over an hour to drive the myriad of roads and listen for distant bugles. If we hear any we will be closing the gap under the cover of darkness.

I'm thinking some cool pics of a downed bull is on the way to the OYOA site.....the suspense is killn me..

What time did the DQ open? That might explain things. If only the elk were closer to the DQ. He might get more hunting in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back