Caribou Gear

Arctic blast

Windchill temps are the equivalent of participation trophies. They don’t count.
-20 and no wind is not the same as -20 and 50mph wind.

I’m a millennial so I’ll take my trophy now.

Sitting inside it is, but my life choices have led me to a life of serfdom so I’ll be outside fighting frozen waters and trying to chop/saw ice.

Climate change won’t be crossing my mind when I leave everything I need that uses diesel running around the clock.

Look at it this way you ain't gotta go to work anymore sit back and watch it. Nothing better than not having ti be anywhere and watching a storm, this time I think it's gonna be more like a a blank white window with that wind.
Seriously the best thing about not hauling freight otr the past 2 winters is being able to enjoy the snow storms again.
Cussed every single snowflake for 10 years.
Hope I never have to go back.

Looks like Texas is expecting rolling blackouts again (about half the operators are suggesting there's a good chance while half say it's unlikely so I'm going with the latter considering two years ago they said it was impossible to require rolling blackouts). Two years ago over 200 people died from the outdated power grid. Looks like Texans are going to keep getting "once in a lifetime" weather events without any changes to the grid that will result in hundreds more dying...what a darn shame.

-25 humidity 70% 4' of snow. Over 10' at the cabin. Beautiful wife n me had to stay at our cabin for an extra week last year because it got minus 25 n lower. My limits. I've had to go check traps in this. And really dark, can't keep visor clear. Almost got lost. Better have good equipment n be careful. Deep snow can swallow you up fast. Love it

The
You’d be better off parking the truck and working the gun counter at field and stream.
No joke.
A guy called me yesterday and wanted me to get him a 4wd tractor from NW Nebraska by the 23rd. Younger me woulda taken off tomorrow just to say I drove through a blizzard at -20. Older me thinks sipping whiskey by the wood stove is the way to go.

I feel like we should make the most of this brisk weather. Anyone have a good ice cream recipe to share? I think it's supposed to firm up pretty good around -5. Growing up in the south, we always had to use the little machines.
I'm hoping it's going to lead to earlier ice fishing. But the lakes need to freeze before the snow hits or we'll have crappy ice.

So back to the Tesla - wouldn't this be a great time to do some real world testing?

Just finished reading a nice article about how blackrock and vanguard own massive percentages of utilities companies where they can play their ESG games with our lives. I'm sure the thought of wind and solar powering the electrical grid are comforting right now. About as comforting as crossing Montana in a Tesla in -20 temps.

Man that's a song I ain't heard in a while. Sig worthy..
@Stocker
Coming through Omaha at 10:30 on Sunday night in February and it’s 3 more hours to Kearney
“Now he drives a diesel out of Dallas, hauling cars out to the coast, this ain’t the dream that he remembered from just a few short years ago”
And you start tearing up a little bit.
😂 😂 😂

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back