Caribou Gear Tarp

Arctic blast

When you’re out in it fighting frozen cattle drinkers and trying to keep water open it matters.

Humidity I think makes it feel colder than wind though.
You are dead on about the humidity. I'm originally from New England. It was minus 2 here in Livingston this morning. I will take that over 35 degrees with a high moisture content like I used to deal with all the time.

You know the joke about it being 120 degrees out, "but ya, it's a dry heat?" Well, there is a lot of truth to that when talking about cold temps. I love this cold dry air. Only problem, this week there is the frostbite thing to worry about with exposed skin. Could put a damper on the skiing.

Those Montanans and their wind-chill and two day cold snaps to make everyone think they endure super cold conditions. It will be t-shirt weather by the weekend. Oooooh burr. :rolleyes: :D
We need some form of propaganda to scare off the imports.

Calling for 6 to 10 inches of snow and wind up to 55MPH with this storm. Flat as a pancake here and the wind puts drifts anywhere there is a bump on the ground.
Look at it this way you ain't gotta go to work anymore sit back and watch it. Nothing better than not having ti be anywhere and watching a storm, this time I think it's gonna be more like a a blank white window with that wind.

Those Montanans and their wind-chill and two day cold snaps to make everyone think they endure super cold conditions. It will be t-shirt weather by the weekend. Oooooh burr. :rolleyes: :D
John Geirach had a story to this effect in one of his books, if I recall.

Look at it this way you ain't gotta go to work anymore sit back and watch it. Nothing better than not having ti be anywhere and watching a storm, this time I think it's gonna be more like a a blank white window with that wind.
Yeah, but the young'en has to work. 60 miles south. Going to be worried sick about her. I'll be out a few times plowing snow downwind to somewhat keep the driveway open. Got the blade on and parked in the kennel to keep warm. Let's just hope the forecast is wrong.

Yeah, but the young'en has to work. 60 miles south. Going to be worried sick about her. I'll be out a few times plowing snow downwind to somewhat keep the driveway open. Got the blade on and parked in the kennel to keep warm. Let's just hope the forecast is wrong.
Good luck.

I feel like we should make the most of this brisk weather. Anyone have a good ice cream recipe to share? I think it's supposed to firm up pretty good around -5. Growing up in the south, we always had to use the little machines.

Forecast shows snow this week for us in PDX, which doesn’t happen too often. The kids are excited.

Been a weird fall—super hot for the first half, then a switch flipped and colder than normal ever since. The mountains are getting lots of snow, which has been needed.

Crazy to compare you guys' temps with mine. We'll hit the high teens and I'll have to put a chicken light in my orange tree. It's rated to survive down to 13-14 degrees but I'm not going to chance it.

These temps will also put the deer on their feet like crazy. Hoping to capitalize on that.

We are wintering in NW Montana and we love the winters here.

I does not get dark until after 5pm even on the solstice!
I can't complain with over 40 inches of snow south of the Alaska Range
and back home in interior AK, the first of many cold snaps and short days.
forecast.jpg

Back