Caribou Gear Tarp

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

PODD ($270) (Omnipod - mentioned w/in @SAJ-99 's post (see start to current below)) is another monster success story that began around 2016 and will continue to evolve as DXCM, ABT, and SENS proceed. I don't believe PODD really competes against any of the three. Each has the ability to work with PODD. They're separate components. DXCM, SENS, ABT monitors, PODD is one version of the various insulin pump companies. Could be a game changer for one if a merger/buyout occurs...

One aspect I like - SENS holds Patents over a large swath of the implantable cgm/fgm devices. Buyout opportunists by DXCM or ABT if SENS FDA approval succeeds for the 180 day implants, from U.S. current 90 day. Note: EU has already green lighted SENS 180. Supposed FDA reject/accept stamp is projected for first half of this year. 2024 is their investor (new car smell) projection ofr a 365 day implant.

I believe SENS largest hurdle is convincing Insurance to carry their product. The FDA pending approval of the 180 day implant is supposedly that mark for expense compared to required patient replacement each 9 days of DXCM prescriptions. 18 CGM and transmitters vs one outpatient CGM implant / transmitter.

You and my wife know the leaps DXCM (Dexcom) / ABT (Libre) have taken diabetic research... the continuous glucose monitoring at the patient and professional level has to be a leading breakthrough for diabetes research.

PODD:

1614643395208.png

BTW @neffa3 did you hear... Elon is postulating IPO of SpaceX/Starlink. :D Probably not any time soon and likely chest tight for those available to participate... Though Elon is unmasking his next muahaha! public opportunity.

Anyone playing options on the RKT special dividend?

I bought a call this morning(should have bought a few) and sold it for 45%. Probably should have held a few more days but oh well.

Plan to buy a put or 2 before close on ex div day.

Anyone playing options on the RKT special dividend?

I bought a call this morning(should have bought a few) and sold it for 45%. Probably should have held a few more days but oh well.

Plan to buy a put or 2 before close on ex div day.
The announcement was interesting seeing as higher int rates had pushed down the stock for the previous couple of weeks. Either way, no reason to pay for a stock only to get a portion of your money back in a special dividend. Option prices will reflect the dividend. Also, these higher rates are not going to be kind to mortgage companies. The boost over the last couple of days is due to interest rates falling. The ? for this stock is what they do over the next 9 months. 10yr goes to 2% and this stock is at $15.

The announcement was interesting seeing as higher int rates had pushed down the stock for the previous couple of weeks. Either way, no reason to pay for a stock only to get a portion of your money back in a special dividend. Option prices will reflect the dividend. Also, these higher rates are not going to be kind to mortgage companies. The boost over the last couple of days is due to interest rates falling. The ? for this stock is what they do over the next 9 months. 10yr goes to 2% and this stock is at $15.
Oh I don't want to own it.

At approx 40-50 seconds this video dives into one method (of many) for use of this screener. My main use is swing trading. It may appear complex off first glance however, for a free screener... it offers some good Intel - and it's reasonably simple.

i don't know about you guys

well, i don't know about anything really

but the CCIV pull back on the lucid merger made sense given valuations and what not, but i'm starting to think if we're thinking loooong term here, the current CCIV price is a fire sale

i've put a bit more in for the long haul

Looks like they had merger talk that fell apart or? Wish I was o n the Feb 12 spike...
i've put a bit more in for the long haul

What's your thought? Why long term?

Also in no way are those Q's meant remotely close to adverse talk. I enjoy hearing people's opinions on market thoughts and most improtantly those who we know are not bot types simply trying to bump stocks for their collectives own agenda. Would like to understand where you're coming from. :) It took a good dip today. Why a good price and what are you anticipating?

1614720054785.png

Looks like they had merger talk that fell apart or? Wish I was o n the Feb 12 spike...

What's your thought? Why long term?

Also in no way are those Q's meant remotely close to adverse talk. I enjoy hearing people's opinions on market thoughts and most improtantly those who we know are not bot types simply trying to bump stocks for their collectives own agenda. Would like to understand where you're coming from. :) It took a good dip today. Why a good price and what are you anticipating?

View attachment 175985

merger was a success. the anticipation of it created a buying frenzy that put the value of CCIV stock at i dunno... like 4-5x what lucid's disclosed valuation was in the acquisition.

if the stock you hold is 5x what the suddenly disclosed value of the only company that stock now represents is worth... well that caused a sell off

as far as why is it a good long term buy? some blurbs on the internet say so and that's as far as i've looked into it ;)

but really, some people think lucid is well poised to step into the competition with the likes of tesla. they're just getting started, so it seems in my mind with any amount of long term success they only place for the stock to go is up. EVs aren't going anywhere, and there is a lot of market in the arena still up for grabs it seems.

we'll see where it goes from here over the years, but i'm betting on up 😁

Last edited:
like 4-5x what lucid's disclosed valuation was in the acquisition.
Charlie spoke of the valuation a fair bit back on the 23rd... He's not the master of the universe. However, he's not a purchased voice for stocks he discusses either... well, mostly not. ;)

Anyhow, for what it's worth... A young buck that is enjoyable and doesn't dicker around. quick snips onto the next point, etc... His crystal ball didn't see the drop we had today though his topic on CCIV is more mid/long term and well the Oreo factor. Try to dial in the bottom and get the crunch or shoot for the cream. I dig listening to varied opinions.

Thanks for expounding on Lucid.

For chits n grins. His focus on CCIV begins around 2:30 if you want to skip some of the market drop banter ofr the time frame involved in the making of that video...

RKT today....wow!

Back to SENS @Sytes ....been looking into it a bit. Do you have a position? And if so are you selling calls? Thinking about a couple hundred shares and selling some July $6 or $7calls and see what happens.

I looked at the options and they're priced 1/2 to 2/3 actual value of the stock for the right to exercise on an expiration timed option. The challenge with >$10 stocks, imo.
The earliest I thought to view was July to reach the projected 180 FDA approval and to bump past the next earnings.
Screenshot_20210302-211943_thinkorswim.jpg

Screenshot_20210302-212152_thinkorswim.jpg

Just doesn't seem worth it. Not even strangle / straddles hold the worth vs owning the stock.

I'm merely a hobbiest market player.
I've been day trading SENS and my plan is to possibly buy at what I anticipate to be a drop after earnings announced on the 5th after market close. Either a buy aftermarket after earnings drop or 8th premarket/market.
Possible squeeze with short interest 40%+ I'll hop on if it start a heavy move upward though revert to day/swing trading. There's seems to be an emotional attachment and the "Walrus" of Reddit hath blessed this stock... or so the many stories exacerbate within.
Screenshot_20210302-215410_Chrome.jpg

My monopoly $ is on no squeeze. So hope to get in at a good low... then, move this simple $2k perspective investment out of my sight so I don't play with it... IMO, $2k is chump change for the 5 year hold... and hoping sooner than that.

Again, I'm a simple hobbiest and always listen to other critical and cheering opinions.

Edit: I'm skeered poopless of writing nekkid calls, in response to your original Q. Too aggressive for my hobby $. It pays great until one's caught with their pants down.

Best to your market decisions. :)

Last edited:
I looked at the options and they're priced 1/2 to 2/3 actual value of the stock for the right to exercise on an expiration timed option. The challenge with >$10 stocks, imo.
The earliest I thought to view was July to reach the projected 180 FDA approval and to bump past the next earnings.
View attachment 176042

View attachment 176041

Just doesn't seem worth it. Not even strangle / straddles hold the worth vs owning the stock.

I'm merely a hobbiest market player.
I've been day trading SENS and my plan is to possibly buy at what I anticipate to be a drop after earnings announced on the 5th after market close. Either a buy aftermarket after earnings drop or 8th premarket/market.
Possible squeeze with short interest 40%+ I'll hop on if it start a heavy move upward though revert to day/swing trading. There's seems to be an emotional attachment and the "Walrus" of Reddit hath blessed this stock... or so the many stories exacerbate within.
View attachment 176048

My monopoly $ is on no squeeze. So hope to get in at a good low... then, move this simple $2k perspective investment out of my sight so I don't play with it... IMO, $2k is chump change for the 5 year hold... and hoping sooner than that.

Again, I'm a simple hobbiest and always listen to other critical and cheering opinions.

Edit: I'm skeered poopless of writing nekkid calls, in response to your original Q. Too aggressive for my hobby $. It pays great until one's caught with their pants down.

Best to your market decisions. :)

No naked calls for me. I saying purchase shares and sell otm covered calls around a $6 strike. Ride it for a bit and see what happens.

Oh right. You said that. Apologies.
Thinking about a couple hundred shares...

Boy. Your guess is as good as mine or better.
With Reddit holding some noted interest in $SENS... and the possible timing of the 180 FDA, it's a shiny hook some might think worth biting on the thought of a runner up over $7+ by July. Least your max loss is not a gut punch.

Edit added: For some ? reason, I thought SENS earnings call was aftermarket 5th. It's the 4th, aftermarket.

Screenshot_20210303-091529_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
@Sytes gotta find your inner gambler man. you piqued my interest with sens.

i bought a 3.5c 3/19 sens call this morning seeing that earnings is coming up

i often do that with "cheap" calls for one of potentially a few reasons: either I think that the earnings will be positive, or, regardless of what the earnings will be, there tends to be a bit of a "pre earnings pump" as i call it before earnings, when i see that i take whatever profit there is and run before earnings but potentially missing out on even more profit because earnings were good, but i still got a profit.

50/50 chance, stock will either go up or down, though right now it's up. gotta find a way to have fun ;)

i also usually only do this when i have some round trips available in my day trading quota

Last edited:
$SENS 2.90... Getting there. Not a stock I'd play through earnings - speaking for myself. Aftermarket today is their earnings conference. it will be interesting to see if Redditer's make this a run regardless the financials or let it settle(?). I'm thinking a 2.65-.70 might be an entry?

Back