Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

He is a certified lunatic. The author of the article.
Krugman is no lunatic from an economic perspective (that view is mostly political). There was nothing in that article I would disagree with, but the title is misleading. He is basically saying that when Biden gets sworn the economy will probably be in bad shape because of virus. Then the economy will rebound because of vaccines. All he is saying is Biden should take credit for the recovery in economic activity (shocker). Trump did the same. And Obama. And Bush. It's practically tradition. I didn't see much in there about details around specific policies leading to the boom.

Krugman is no lunatic from an economic perspective (that view is mostly political). There was nothing in that article I would disagree with, but the title is misleading. He is basically saying that when Biden gets sworn the economy will probably be in bad shape because of virus. Then the economy will rebound because of vaccines. All he is saying is Biden should take credit for the recovery in economic activity (shocker). Trump did the same. And Obama. And Bush. It's practically tradition. I didn't see much in there about details around specific policies leading to the boom.
I should have cited statements. I believe one statement was something like. The opposing party will hold back vaccine to slow the economy. I don't care what party you favor... I can not see anyone being that harsh.

I should have cited statements. I believe one statement was something like. The opposing party will hold back vaccine to slow the economy. I don't care what party you favor... I can not see anyone being that harsh.
I missed that. Admit I read it pretty fast. Yes that is harsh. But in these times, who knows. I have seen things done by politicians I would never have believed possible. Would probably disagree with him on the premise that most of the failures arise from the federal government not taking centralized command. Taking it to block the solution is a bit dark.

I quit keeping up with all the posts on this thread by late March, but here’s my COVID investing summary:
March 4 bought fund w/ cash. Was down 8.5% from 2/20 peak.
March 13 bought a little more at -24%
March 23 fund bottomed out at -40%
As of today the fund is up 10% from Feb peak, so overall made out well on the little bit extra I was able to invest. Back to my normal monthly contributions until the next apparent buying opportunity rolls around.

My parents contacted me in late March, wanting me to help them transition to more aggressive investments, to try and ride the market trending up. The last time they made major moves was 2008. Lots of paperwork and red tape dealing with several investment companies and middlemen, but 4/23 is when about 90% of the new funds were purchased. From then to now the balance is up approx 35%. A gamble, but one that paid off big time as they are headed into retirement next year in a great position - I’m happy for them.

Day will come when the cult members get fleeced........5 years

The cult members are getting richer by the day for now. The music will stop at some point but I sure wouldn't step in front of the train and short it right now.

Ya, I know... it's merely one "Stock Analyst" opinion. I mostly enjoy Cramer and his support team's valuation of stocks. Nit pic all you want. I like reading critics thoughts as well. It's not an emotional game for the $ makers; though certainly worth the ride on others emotional plays. ;)

To each his/her own. IMO, an interesting read.

1606222857168.png

Ya, I know... it's merely one "Stock Analyst" opinion. I mostly enjoy Cramer and his support team's valuation of stocks. Nit pic all you want. I like reading critics thoughts as well. It's not an emotional game for the $ makers; though certainly worth the ride on others emotional plays. ;)

View attachment 163371
Return to Normalcy... TESLA! HAHAHAHAHAHA the man just overtook Gates at #2, I would say they set they own path that seems to have very little to do with the real world the rest of us live in. But I'm not complaining about the +30% I've made since the end of OCT.

View attachment 163371
Lot of odd names on the list, like GM. I guess Kramer puts out enough names he can claim victory on some of them and pretend he didn't list the others. And not one bank? Banks seem like a good bet to play higher rates (steeper yield curve).
I sold my energy holdings today, as they have come a little too far too fast. I will look to reenter if opportunity presents. Brick retailers I would fade at the first sign of weakness in this rally. Looks like a dead-cat bounce to me in names like Gap and Macy's. Might see what looks like signs of life due to Holiday shopping, but there is still a lot of long term transitional forces working against them.

The cult members are getting richer by the day for now. The music will stop at some point but I sure wouldn't step in front of the train and short it right now.
Going to be a hell of a mess when this charade comes to an end. Till then, full speed ahead!

But I'm not complaining about the +30% I've made since the end of OCT.
I'd imagine his 'folio likely holds a good quantity of the stocks presented and I believe the majority are worth considering further as well. Elon's one rich master of his $$$ puppet - haha! That's certain. When I think a stock will not go any higher, It breaks through the bubble and off to the next it races! :ROFLMAO:
And not one bank?
I thought that a bit odd as well though it would be one heck of a challenge to list all. There is a high-er level of bankruptcies / default loans that have surfaced and I'd imagine many more to come as the world, "normalizes". I believe they may take a bit longer to recover - random thought on the subject o banks.

Looks like Gap will be one Kramer will pretend wasn't on the list. The earnings weren't horrible, but the stock is going through a bloodbath today. Beware some of these names, especially when they get overbought. The market will show no mercy if they miss the numbers.

Beware some of these names, especially when they get overbought. The market will show no mercy if they miss the numbers.
Good short opportunity potential unless it turns into a squeeze... then, not even Neffa's oreo cookie will predict the outcome!

Ok, everyone should be able to laugh at this. Happy Tuesday.
Interesting tidbit, but a little "inside baseball". TSLA gets added to the S&P on Dec 21 in essentially one transaction. The market seems to be ignoring the dynamics of this change. TSLA's PE is over 1,000 so at a 1% position it is going to push the total S&P trailing P/E over 30x and the forward P/E over 27x. For a comparison in "expensive" we have to go back to the DotCom bubble. Also interesting, maybe even more so, is the impact on S&P 500 implied Vol. (option pricing factor) TSLA is over 90, while S&P Vix is now 21.5. Options traders had actually made the Dec 18 expiration LOWER than the Dec 31 expiration (after TSLA is added). This demonstrates how markets are super confusing - but they will fix themselves. so beware. I suspect when they fix themselves the reason won't make any more sense than it does now to financial media. We might see TSLA's add as the turning point to a correction. I'm a little wary of any Santa Clause rally as some of the people pushing the option mispricing don't yet get the concept of taxes in these transactions.

Interesting tidbit, but a little "inside baseball". TSLA gets added to the S&P on Dec 21 in essentially one transaction. The market seems to be ignoring the dynamics of this change. TSLA's PE is over 1,000 so at a 1% position it is going to push the total S&P trailing P/E over 30x and the forward P/E over 27x. For a comparison in "expensive" we have to go back to the DotCom bubble. Also interesting, maybe even more so, is the impact on S&P 500 implied Vol. (option pricing factor) TSLA is over 90, while S&P Vix is now 21.5. Options traders had actually made the Dec 18 expiration LOWER than the Dec 31 expiration (after TSLA is added). This demonstrates how markets are super confusing - but they will fix themselves. so beware. I suspect when they fix themselves the reason won't make any more sense than it does now to financial media. We might see TSLA's add as the turning point to a correction. I'm a little wary of any Santa Clause rally as some of the people pushing the option mispricing don't yet get the concept of taxes in these transactions.
Holy shit, and I thought I knew baseball... guess not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back