Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Amazon is already setting record highs again. Can you say 3k a share? Because I get it'll there before the year is up.

Tesla is also regained most of it's losses (though I honestly don't know why).
Just a friendly reminder to myself that I'm an idiot. I sold my Tesla after ~10% gains. Never did buy the Amazon as I thought it was too high.

Tesla is up ~300% since then, Amazon 60%...

I got tired of your (@neffa3 ) Oreo flip landing on it's side over and over and over and decided to take my $'s worth and ate the damn thing! I've been involved with other hobbies and placed my hobby $ in MSFT back Sept 8th 25 shares @ $203. Up 5% since then... Woo f-n hoo!

MSFT - Why are they not an Elon or Bezos? Psssh!

I’m still betting on earl! I mean oil. Just wait for it
Me too. If Trump wins it will pop up big. A Biden win it will tank and then slowly recover once people realize electric cars will not take over for over a decade at least/.

Just a friendly reminder to myself that I'm an idiot. I sold my Tesla after ~10% gains. Never did buy the Amazon as I thought it was too high.

Tesla is up ~300% since then, Amazon 60%...
bought trade desk at $150 and sold at $320 because why get greedy? I already doubled my money, ya know? Trade desk is around $630 now.... Oh well, can't complain about a winner at the end of the day

If Trump wins it will pop up big. A Biden win it will tank and then slowly recover once people realize electric cars will not take over for over a decade at least/.
Interesting. Care to expand on the idea? Oil has gone from $53 to $41 since Trump took over with a wide range of $73 to $6. Oil's problem isn't who is in the White House. Although, in quite the irony, the administration has been friendly to oil producers resulting in more production and a lower price making it more difficult for them to make money.

I have posted about my winnings on FB options, but not lately because in the last couple of months my FB options turned over $4k into about $4h (h = hundred). Yesterday was a good day though, the 4 turned into a 7, so slowly but surely working my back (I hope).

As a side note, some might remember I put half my 401 in the safe fund, basically a savings account at around 3%, as of yesterday that original 50% is worth 49.98%, so no big gain or loss in the last month and a half. Leaving it there until after the election.

Interesting. Care to expand on the idea? Oil has gone from $53 to $41 since Trump took over with a wide range of $73 to $6. Oil's problem isn't who is in the White House. Although, in quite the irony, the administration has been friendly to oil producers resulting in more production and a lower price making it more difficult for them to make money.
Speculation on the new green deal is what is keeping stock prices (not oil prices, they are lower due to virus) on oil low at this time. We all know oil prices and oil stock prices do not always move together and at this time many are dumping oil stocks in fear of a Biden win, and green policies hurting further oil use. Long (not very) term we know the virus will pass, and oil use will go up when airlines fly more. My guess is if Trump wins you will see a lot of hedge funds buying up high div petro stocks again while they are at a low price.

I'm still hanging onto my gains on most of my stuff from July. I've really been contemplating moving some stuff to the sideline until after the election but have talked to a few folks who supposedly know what they are talking about and so far I've decided to just leave it alone.

I've been thinking about pulling some money out of my brokerage account to buy some land though. Maybe I need to wait until after this winter when some of the people that bought land to escape COVID are ready to sell. Seems like real estate speculation in rural areas may be the next investment boom.

The market will continue to tank until after the election.

If Trump wins the market will go through the roof.

If Biden wins we will become a 3rd world country and our stocks and dollars will be worthless.

The market will continue to tank until after the election.

If Trump wins the market will go through the roof.

If Biden wins we will become a 3rd world country and our stocks and dollars will be worthless.
Read an interesting article that basically most money managers believe the exact opposite of that. I'll see if I can find it, I probably wont to be honest cause that's been a couple weeks now.

Not wanting to get into a political debate with you, just saying what many managers are thinking.

Read an interesting article that basically most money managers believe the exact opposite of that. I'll see if I can find it, I probably wont to be honest cause that's been a couple weeks now.

Not wanting to get into a political debate with you, just saying what many managers are thinking.
I think this is the article you are referencing.

The market doesn’t care whose in charge. Money flows regardless, corporations just need to know who to make the check out to.
and opinions? Useless. A doom-and-gloomer person only has to be right once and they look like a genius. If you work at a bank or investment firm, you better have a positive opinion because having a negative one might make clients pull their money. You will be out of a job fast.

The market doesn’t care whose in charge. Money flows regardless, corporations just need to know who to make the check out to.
and opinions? Useless. A doom-and-gloomer person only has to be right once and they look like a genius. If you work at a bank or investment firm, you better have a positive opinion because having a negative one might make clients pull their money. You will be out of a job fast.
Based on past trends, I agree. I'm not soo sure this go... Not wanting to make anything political... That said, definitive comments made by our candidates are a bit alarming and may cause a trend that strays from the norm.

Again, lets keep this clean of political jabs. Hopefully we can discuss a great thread that has been very valuable, enjoyable, educational and one I personally enjoy reading. Discussing politics is possible as adults w/o the pissing match.

It's hard to ignore the difference between our candidates and I believe this may be a year for a boost or loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back