Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Big bonus hitting my bank on Tuesday and sitting on pile of cash for a major pool project that can wait if I feel we are within 5% of a "V" bottom with a quick rise upwards rather than being within 5% of a "U" bottom where stock recovery takes 18 months or more. I don't think we are the bottom but do feel are near the bottom. I feel zero urgency to buy next week or next month. Maybe in August.

Shorted (Nasdaq, Russel, ARKK) again today. No volume in this rally. Might go higher. June/July will get ugly and I want to be short when it happens.

Shorted (Nasdaq, Russel, ARKK) again today. No volume in this rally. Might go higher. June/July will get ugly and I want to be short when it happens.
Could be, but also maybe not. Impossible to predict right now. If either Xi stops the zero Covid nonsense, or if somehow the Ukraine conflicts ends sooner than later, we’ll be off to the races.

This is always something to watch in times like these. Still a lot of negativity out there. A lot of it driven by things people have pointed out. I still think the risk is to an upside jump don’t have a reason really, other than sentiment. As Twain said, It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Or maybe in this case, the things you price in forever that don’t last forever.

Inverse Cramer index has been absolutely crushing the last 8 months
Do you have a link?

The article I found was from 5/16 and said the IJC would be -15.66% YTD.

I know it's all TIC, it would just be interesting to watch.

Screenshot_20220531-232908_Samsung Internet.jpg

Do you have a link?

The article I found was from 5/16 and said the IJC would be -15.66% YTD.

I know it's all TIC, it would just be interesting to watch.

View attachment 224365
This is a made up index by the guy that wrote that article which he created on May 6th. You forgot to screenshot the tweets from the article from last year (“we like coinbase at 475” and “Netflix! Buy!” and pushing robinhood at $70). This isn’t a real index, and it also doesn’t take into account those catastrophic type calls he made a while back

Edit: Also, no I don’t have a link. It was mainly a joke based on the ostensibly terrible calls he has been making the last year especially

What is that link? I would need more context to understand what it is calculating and how.

The link is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It calculates the Consumer Price Index.

From their website:
"The Consumer Price Index (CPI) is a measure of the average change over time in the prices paid by urban consumers for a market basket of consumer goods and services. Indexes are available for the U.S. and various geographic areas."

This is a made up index by the guy that wrote that article which he created on May 6th. You forgot to screenshot the tweets from the article from last year (“we like coinbase at 475” and “Netflix! Buy!” and pushing robinhood at $70). This isn’t a real index, and it also doesn’t take into account those catastrophic type calls he made a while back

Edit: Also, no I don’t have a link. It was mainly a joke based on the ostensibly terrible calls he has been making the last year especially
Yeah, I know it's made up (that's why I called it TIC, tongue-in-cheek). Cramer does have a terrible reputation so I was interested to see how the actual numbers played out if somebody was actually tracking it.

The link is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It calculates the Consumer Price Index.

From their website:
"The Consumer Price Index (CPI) is a measure of the average change over time in the prices paid by urban consumers for a market basket of consumer goods and services. Indexes are available for the U.S. and various geographic areas."

Gotcha. Need to get my eyes checked. I thought it was April 2020 to April 2022 haha.

Yeah, I know it's made up (that's why I called it TIC, tongue-in-cheek). Cramer does have a terrible reputation so I was interested to see how the actual numbers played out if somebody was actually tracking it.
I have no idea how that dude keeps his job. He is constantly wrong.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back