Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

I’m buying Barrick gold options for 12/20 expecting meltdown related to election and subsequent jump into stable value. So far up 20% this week alone. Might take a profit if it dips at all and wait fire another big stop to buy in again. Lots of volatility in the equity markets offering opportunity right now.

I’m buying Barrick gold options for 12/20 expecting meltdown related to election and subsequent jump into stable value. So far up 20% this week alone. Might take a profit if it dips at all and wait fire another big stop to buy in again. Lots of volatility in the equity markets offering opportunity right now.

This is the big question for me. Anyone care to predict what will happen depending on both scenarios? What if Trump wins? What if Biden wins?

This is the big question for me. Anyone care to predict what will happen depending on both scenarios? What if Trump wins? What if Biden wins?
I would guess the markets will dip if Biden wins since higher corporate taxes are likely under Biden. Not sure how markets would react if Trump wins.

Trump - D Senate - D house = nothing gets done. Easy to envision another impeachment. Possible Trump gives up some things to D to stay in office (drug prices, alt energy, etc). Odds of this scenario are low (10%).
Trump- R senate - D House = status quo (25%)
Biden - R senate - D house = best for markets. Can’t raise Corp taxes. More compromise. Decent probability. (32%)
Biden - D senate - D house = high taxes post pandemic.Market’s worst case scenario, but still not terrible. Biden is pretty moderate and economic conditions dictate course. Decent probability. (32%)
All % are guesses and subject to change without notice. Who knows what Russia will do in October. 😀

I predict if we listen to this idiot, we will find out where the bottom is real quick..........

I don't care who wins the upcoming election, hard times are coming.

I don’t know anything about options, but I am wishing i would have bought more gold and silver. SLV etf up over 15% in a week. Same with GLD. Bought it at $170 and planned to buy again at the next dip, but it keeps going straight up.

Been sitting with MSFT the past week +. Too much on my plate currently...

Caught the tic tok rise recently with Microsoft considering its purchase.

Trump - D Senate - D house = nothing gets done. Easy to envision another impeachment. Possible Trump gives up some things to D to stay in office (drug prices, alt energy, etc). Odds of this scenario are low (10%).
Trump- R senate - D House = status quo (25%)
Biden - R senate - D house = best for markets. Can’t raise Corp taxes. More compromise. Decent probability. (32%)
Biden - D senate - D house = high taxes post pandemic.Market’s worst case scenario, but still not terrible. Biden is pretty moderate and economic conditions dictate course. Decent probability. (32%)
All % are guesses and subject to change without notice. Who knows what Russia will do in October. 😀
This only adds up to 99%. What is the 1% scenario? Both Trump and Biden die of corona virus on election day and we get to have a do over? :)

This only adds up to 99%. What is the 1% scenario? Both Trump and Biden die of corona virus on election day and we get to have a do over? :)
Basically. Some debate might end up in a duel to the death for both. I have an image in my mind of these two coming to blows and physically wrestling at a debate. If you want me to put the extra 1% somewhere, I would probably put it at Biden- R senate and D house, and only because that seem to be the favorite in the poll #s. The market won't care much as a whole. Individual industries will certainly care. Which is why they write checks for both sides.

@SAJ-99 or anyone else, How would a person go about buying stock on the South Korean Exchange?
Most major brokers have international trading and the list is expanding. Years ago, I held a position that traded on the LSE and had to liquidate it when my broker got bought by Charles Schwab. I think CS will now let me buy it now. Your major brokers like Tradestation and Interactive Brokers will definitely do it. You may have to call the desk to make the trade and you may have to put in a limit order to execute it evening/overnight when the exchange is open. The cost will be higher and you will have to do an FX conversion from US $ to won at settlement. You will probably get shafted on the FX rate, too. It's a PITA, so you better really want to own the company.

Most major brokers have international trading and the list is expanding. Years ago, I held a position that traded on the LSE and had to liquidate it when my broker got bought by Charles Schwab. I think CS will now let me buy it now. Your major brokers like Tradestation and Interactive Brokers will definitely do it. You may have to call the desk to make the trade and you may have to put in a limit order to execute it evening/overnight when the exchange is open. The cost will be higher and you will have to do an FX conversion from US $ to won at settlement. You will probably get shafted on the FX rate, too. It's a PITA, so you better really want to own the company.
I honestly haven't spend enough time following their market to feel comfortable doing all that, but it damn sure feels like I'm missing out on a great investment.

I honestly haven't spend enough time following their market to feel comfortable doing all that, but it damn sure feels like I'm missing out on a great investment.
Thought you were looking at a specific company. EWY is Korea ETF (in US$). 20% of it is Samsung. If you have a 5yr holding period Vietnam will probably take a lot of the production from China, so VNM. If you just want to bet on the everyone but China, look at FM (iShares Frontier Markets). The China/US thing was brought up about 40 pages ago, when for some reason BigHornRam wished that me and my family would lose every cent we had. If production leaves China, it isn't coming to the US, unless you live in Peter Navarro Fantasy Land. I'm sure it is a wonderful place, but not reality.

Thought you were looking at a specific company. EWY is Korea ETF (in US$). 20% of it is Samsung. If you have a 5yr holding period Vietnam will probably take a lot of the production from China, so VNM. If you just want to bet on the everyone but China, look at FM (iShares Frontier Markets). The China/US thing was brought up about 40 pages ago, when for some reason BigHornRam wished that me and my family would lose every cent we had. If production leaves China, it isn't coming to the US, unless you live in Peter Navarro Fantasy Land. I'm sure it is a wonderful place, but not reality.
Oh I am. LGChem they are slated to be making or are currently making a significant portion of the batteries (or the components) for the EV industry. They've had slow steady growth for a while, and seem to be less volatile that what we're seeing this side of the pacific.

Back