Caribou Gear

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

That isn't an argument for anything. And all charts look like that. Higher debt service will constrain growth. Lower growth limits interest rates. It is a feedback loop. All of economics and markets are a confidence game. I see no cracks in the global confidence in the US ($ or debt), so the game continues.

View attachment 259925
Agree it's a game of confidence. Disagree about no cracks.

Agree it's a game of confidence. Disagree about no cracks.

Semantics. The rest of the World has long argued the US has an advantage due to the system and it can be unfair. I see nothing that warrants you wearing a parachute the entirety of 2023. I agree it won’t last forever. Only obvious risk is the gang of morons in the House will decide later this year that a default on a debt payment is a good idea. That would be a problem.

I'm not looking for the Fed to stick the landing. I'm just hoping they can bring the plane down without a huge ball of fire.

I'm wearing a parachute 24-7 in 2023.

View attachment 259911

For the stock market 2023, the government debt is a 100% Nothing Burger. Extremely likely it'll be the same for 2024, 2025, 2026+ too.

For the stock market 2023, the government debt is a 100% Nothing Burger. Extremely likely it'll be the same for 2024, 2025, 2026+ too.
Rising interest on the debt means the debt will continue to go up, unless of course the government reduces its spending which is very unlikely. The inflation snowball will just keep getting bigger. Fed will keep raising rates, and the CNBC dunces will keep whining.

Well except that Annie Oakley can shut down congress unilaterally by throwing out the speaker... that could get real weird during debt ceiling time.
Are you calling Boebert Annie Oakley? That's kind of funny.😂

Seems like just about every other week is debt ceiling time, lately. Trillion dollars just doesn't buy much any more.🙄

Holy chit! Glad I didn't sell the puts just yet! I was about to take care of that after my post though work pulled me away... AND glad the calls were cheapos!

WTH happened to INTC? Haha!
Haha! As I reviewed later, I found the Delta for the option were still set to six months, thus it showed a -22%! I was thinking I hit gold with my Puts... D'oh! Haha!

I'm gonna derail the conversation for a bit... I am ready to begin buying individual stocks (particularly foreign stocks), but I am not sure which trading platforms are best. My Dad uses Ameritrade, my brother uses Robinhood. Thoughts and comments from the Hunttalk Community? These trading platforms seem to be very similar to each other, to me.

I'm gonna derail the conversation for a bit... I am ready to begin buying individual stocks (particularly foreign stocks), but I am not sure which trading platforms are best. My Dad uses Ameritrade, my brother uses Robinhood. Thoughts and comments from the Hunttalk Community? These trading platforms seem to be very similar to each other, to me.

If you're gonna do any amount of legitimate stock market investing use TD, Fidelity, Schwab, or Vanguard. All good.

I still have a Robinhood account though. I'm holding a decent chunk of stock in it still too. Mostly just to avoid their transfer fee to send it to Fidelity. But If I ever wanna yolo on an options play that's still where I do it. It's also my favorite UI for just watching everything I wanna keep tabs on

Vote for Fidelity. Vanguard is fine but pretty limited... seems better for retirement accounts holding mostly index funds IMHO.

I would stay away from Robinhood. I've been with Fidelity for over 20 years and happy with their service.

It will be interesting.
Apparently the first vote in the House will be an attempt to
repeal the funding of 87,000 Internal Revenue Services (IRS) agents.
Passed with some Democrat support. On to the Senate to see how many Senators up for reelection in 2024 want to vote no.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back