PEAX Equipment

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Hard to say what it will do.

Similar note:

Nice buying bite today. Now, whether to tighten the drag or let it swim. Day/swing, easy catch day. Longs...? At some point - yes(?).

View attachment 244959
Consumer confidence high, business confidence low. If you're not confused, you're not paying attention. The nice thing is that we can cherry pick whatever data suits our view. Election results good? bad? possible nuclear war- we got it! Inflation getting worse? better? Yes!
UGH!

You the oil/crude buyers - Worth the read, IMO.

Snapshot: The extension intends to offset any market volatility that is expected once a European oil embargo goes into effect on Dec. 5, and to ensure prices keep falling from the historic highs recorded earlier this year. It also comes after OPEC and its Russia-led allies agreed to slash output by a whopping 2M barrels per day from November. Don't forget that midterm elections are around the corner, and prices at the pump have been said to be a defining factor of any outcome, especially with voters worried about inflation and the economy.

As with any article regarding the market, baise beware. IMO, over the years reading Seeking Alpha, I've come to learn their interests, when it's being pressed and when it seems a fairly reasonable assessment. They are, by far, my favorite - as a hobbyist.

As with any article regarding the market, baise beware. IMO, over the years reading Seeking Alpha, I've come to learn their interests, when it's being pressed and when it seems a fairly reasonable assessment. They are, by far, my favorite - as a hobbyist.
SA essentially publishes third-party write-up. You can find buy and sell articles on any major stock. To your point, it’s up the reader to sort through and make their own judgement. The best stuff is usually written by professional analysts, but not always.

You the oil/crude buyers - Worth the read, IMO.

Snapshot: The extension intends to offset any market volatility that is expected once a European oil embargo goes into effect on Dec. 5, and to ensure prices keep falling from the historic highs recorded earlier this year. It also comes after OPEC and its Russia-led allies agreed to slash output by a whopping 2M barrels per day from November. Don't forget that midterm elections are around the corner, and prices at the pump have been said to be a defining factor of any outcome, especially with voters worried about inflation and the economy.

Just Biden reacting to earlier news. He wanted OPEC to wait one month to cut production. Saudi's wouldn't do that for him. Don't think this will help him any.

SA essentially publishes third-party write-up. You can find buy and sell articles on any major stock. To your point, it’s up the reader to sort through and make their own judgement. The best stuff is usually written by professional analysts, but not always.
Seeking Alpha or Zacks... Same difference though my point being, cherry picked articles along with their own analysts that fit their interest. I believe SA does a better job of performing this - a photo finish lead towards impartiality... Still a stretch to that neutral point.

SA and Zacks (the leading two, IMO) both hold great earnings analysis. One of my key areas for stock picks.

Seeking Alpha or Zacks... Same difference though my point being, cherry picked articles along with their own analysts that fit their interest. I believe SA does a better job of performing this - a photo finish lead towards impartiality... Still a stretch to that neutral point.

SA and Zacks (the leading two, IMO) both hold great earnings analysis. One of my key areas for stock picks.
I don't do Zacks. I knew the firm well in previous life, and it's probably a case of seeing how the sausage is made and never wanting to eat it.

My problem with SA is just the shear amount of info on some of the large, well-know names. I have even looked at using the SA calls as a contrarian indicator. Here is the latest example from Nike (reported Sept 29 after mkt close). The only buy recommendation was when the stock was $95. The sells started rolling in when it dropped after earnings. The stock is now up 8% off the post earnings lows. It points out that this investing job is hard, and you get more likes being Captain Obvious and telling people things that we already know.
Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 9.27.26 AM.png

Last edited:
Lots of put open interest in tomorrow's expiry - about 70% more than calls. A little odd to see it on non-quarterly date. Heavy put gamma could mean a wild day. Prepare now and buckle in.

Lots of put open interest in tomorrow's expiry - about 70% more than calls. A little odd to see it on non-quarterly date. Heavy put gamma could mean a wild day. Prepare now and buckle in.
See what happens. King crab legs, or beans and rice for dinner. It's only money!

Back