Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Only thing I take exception to is the blanket phrase “commercial interest”.
True. Likely a combination of the women's movement for equality compounded by "commercial interest" to capitalize on the increased household $.

Quick update to make everyone else feel better heading into the weekend.

I made the executive decision 2 years ago to sell much of my blue chip portfolio and throw it all at QS stock at ~$90, it currently sits at $10.

You're welcome.

But to answer the question in the thread title. I don't know where the bottom is, but we're far enough down that all the stocks I track are well into my BUY BUY BUY category... except maybe QS.

Last edited:
True. Likely a combination of the women's movement for equality compounded by "commercial interest" to capitalize on the increased household $.
A bit oversimplified, as most economic things are, to place the blame on that. Post WWII boom in families coupled with invention and broad adoption of things like automated washing machines gave women more time. However, it created an issue. To follow my example, previously they could buy a washing board with cash and the person (typically the wife) spent 6-8hrs each week scrubbing the clothes. New machine cuts that time by 80%ish, and everyone smelled better. You might not have the cash to buy the machine straight away - so we invented broad use of credit. This punctuated the end of the second industrial revolution. After that, the third, was all computer related. Stuff gets more complex and more expensive, so we find ways to get it to the masses. Capitalism is a wonderful system. Flawed, but the best we have discovered so far.

Interesting venture. Holds a good upside, in my hobby humble opinion.

Also interesting that Musk pulled out of the Twitter purchase.

Microchips / semiconductors taking a hit and AMD about to release quarterly earnings report. I think that will be a good earnings to listen.

Yeah you think this is a dip buying op or a peak? I think a dip but that’s based on nothing but gut
My comment was about 1 specific stock, and in any other world it looks like a hell of a buying opportunity. But people act irrational all the time, so who the hell really knows? Think I'll throw some more monopoly money at it and see what happens!

This won’t settle down until it looks like the Fed is done raising raises. They won’t be done until inflation looks under control. Until then it’s a traders market. S&P looks like it wants to make a run at Pre-pandemic high around 3350, but still a lot of cash sitting out there.

This won’t settle down until it looks like the Fed is done raising raises. They won’t be done until inflation looks under control. Until then it’s a traders market. S&P looks like it wants to make a run at Pre-pandemic high around 3350, but still a lot of cash sitting out there.
...chit tons.

My comment was about 1 specific stock, and in any other world it looks like a hell of a buying opportunity. But people act irrational all the time, so who the hell really knows? Think I'll throw some more monopoly money at it and see what happens!
Yeah my recollection was it was o&g stock. I assumed it has been getting downdrafted by the sell off in oil and commodities. Trying to figure out if this is a blip in the commodity super cycle or a topping. I’m going with blip and holding through it. I’m only down 2% so far this year due to the commodity and o&g outperformance. Maybe should have took profits. Who knows

Yeah my recollection was it was o&g stock. I assumed it has been getting downdrafted by the sell off in oil and commodities. Trying to figure out if this is a blip in the commodity super cycle or a topping. I’m going with blip and holding through it. I’m only down 2% so far this year due to the commodity and o&g outperformance. Maybe should have took profits. Who knows
Service costs, ie drilling, are absolutely nuts currently... not sure where that puts things, but I leaning towards the idea that it will keep production from exploding versus demand.

I know I should have taken worthless cash for my worthless stock about a month ago......

I know I should have taken worthless cash for my worthless stock about a month ago......
Yeah we should have all just invested in King size candy bars and sat back and let the dollar signs roll....except than I would have ate half my investment and would be even fatter than I am.

Checking in with all the hunt talk financial gurus. The bottom in? I’m guessing no, just a bear market rally. What say you?

I’m no help, logged in from my phone and read for a couple minutes scratching my head before noticing I was on page one.

Back