Any Montana bulls down?

Also here in N. Idaho didn't hear a elk bugle over the weekend, but had close encounters of the cow elk kind. Also, black bears were out in force over the weekend. One got to within 30 yds and another I got to him at 55 yds.

Thanks, you're really not helping my feelings about my elk hunting this year.

Muzzy season opens next weekend. Not sure Oak would have let me have the muzzy cap for this bull or not? He has been assigned to hold onto them.

Last edited:
I've heard about a few others and walked up on a downed bull over the weekend, nothing for myself to brag about though.

Got 80 yards from a big bull last night but never got a shot. Left him on a knoll last night and he was gone this morning... Searched for him for a couple hours with no luck, however did find what appears to be his shed from last year! Went out this evening and spotted him again. Gonna be an early morning! He's not talking at all and his cows are quiet too... Any suggestions on a quiet bull would be awesome

XpsKuv7.jpg

Spent my weekend in the Selway-Bitteroot, all was quiet. Backpacking in further south this coming weekend.

My buddy got one down Sundays here in nw Montana. I've had 3 bulls talking for the last week but they area the only ones. My buddies bull came in silent

Got 25 yards from a really good bull this morning, but didn't get a shot. Made one bad move, and the cows busted me!! A 2 1/2 hour stalk blown!!! Oh well, it was still fun as hell!

Back