Any Montana bulls down?

mtmuley

It's been hot here in the Root, and guys I know say hunting is slow. How's everybody else doing? mtmuley

It's been hot here in the Root, and guys I know say hunting is slow. How's everybody else doing? mtmuley

Somebody was parked at the blacksmith in Stevi last night with a raghorn head in the back.

I watched 100 head rutting like crazy all morning, about a quarter mile off the property I had access to.

Somebody was parked at the blacksmith in Stevi last night with a raghorn head in the back.

I watched 100 head rutting like crazy all morning, about a quarter mile off the property I had access to.

So you essentially saw more elk in one day of hunting than I will all fall, north Idaho kinda sucks:rolleyes:

I know of a cow that died yesterday morning in Montana to a buddy.

They were hard after the farm muleys East of Corvallis yesterday. mtmuley

I hear the best call up there is shaking a bucket of apples.

We've been going for evening drives ups there and haven't seen anything big at all. Tough year to have that tag.

Tony- it's fun looking at those elk, but they're accessible only about a quarter of the time. Gets frustrating.

I interrupted a bulls feeding session Saturday morning....he seemed to be more interested in eating then love.

I interrupted a bulls feeding session Saturday morning....he seemed to be more interested in eating then love.

That bull should of been part of this thread but you are just too picky ;) Next time i'm going to push you out of the way and let her fly. I know shooting a 330 won't get you a 360 bull but man that's just nuts.

On a side note I did get into a couple last night with my son and on the way out in the dark a horse trailer was heading in. Made me think that someone might of got one down somewhere.

I had drill this weekend, but I'm looking forward to getting out this week and chasing some elk around!

I got pics from two hunt talkers that were tagged out before the sun was all the way up.... I am sure then pics will shown up here shortly.

Looking forward to seeing successful hunters. Randy, you're missing a few bucks that are out here. There are some hogs still. mtmuley

C'mon guys! It's hard to live vicariously through the guys getting after it when they don't post up! ;)

We have been getting into vocal elk both yesterday and today. I have a breaks tag so I am the designated caller. I called in one for my buddy yesterday morn and he missed it at 40, but he redeemed himself this morning. It's a little3x4 raghorn, but he is pumped to have his first archery bull. I will post some pics later, going in for the second load now.

I can't believe how vocal they were this weekend by us, we could hardly sleep at night. No kills for us but some close calls. We were five minutes late and walked up on 2 guys with a bull down, and one of them had killed a bull yesterday.

N. Idaho the bulls were all coming in silent. Called in two raghorns this weekend, both silent coming to cow calls only. First bull got interrupted 25 yards in the thick stuff by a batch wolves starting to howl a 100 yards away. Next bull got an arrow over the back into tree from my buddy. Didn't hear a bugle all weekend.

Back