NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Any Montana bulls down?

nice job boys nice elk down this year. shootxs and I put a lot of miles on this bull last year and found him again this year and got him on the ground. skirting around bighorns going after him was the norm of his range. one cool thing is we also found his last years sheds. will have to go back and get them. keep the arrows flying and pics coming.

You left the sheds there? You may be insane.:eek:

had time so went back and picked up rose's sheds. How much bone will they put on in a year. i'm thinking these sheds have to be from two years ago.

The rut must be winding down. Saw a 340ish bull and 18 cows across the road from my house Thursday nite. He was proud of himself but not overly vocal. Hopefully some guys will tag here at the end. mtmuley

Congrats MS! I would have given a body part to shoot that bull.

I returned from MT and I am simmering some tag soup.

WOW, several of these bulls (actually all of them) deserve their own threads.

Some real whoppers in there too!

I really am starting to 2nd guess my scoring ability on some of these bulls, I would have guessed quite a bit higher on captain's bull. Thought he was a 100% lock for 380+.

WOW, several of these bulls (actually all of them) deserve their own threads.

Some real whoppers in there too!

I really am starting to 2nd guess my scoring ability on some of these bulls, I would have guessed quite a bit higher on captain's bull. Thought he was a 100% lock for 380+.

Could have been there if he would have had better mains and a bit better spread. We had him at the 370 mark and maybe pushing 380 so in the end we were right in there. 48 & 48 4/8 mains and 34 4/8 spread if my memory serves me correctly. If he were to have the standard 39-40" spread with 53" mains offfta yep 385. Now if I can just run one of these dang cows down to fill the freezer.

Congrats, MTSlim. Glad to see a great bull like that fall to your arrow. Thanks for all you do for elk and elk habitat.

Congrats to all of you. I wish we would have connected on our hunt in central Montana. We only had four days, but the chances were there. Just needed a break and a little less wind sure would have been nice. One arrow released by the guest hunter did not connect. He shoots traditional gear and had to shoot at 12 yards out of self-defense. Caught us completely off guard and made for a difficult fire drill to get ready in time, but will make an amazing encounter for TV.

My cousin shot this nice bull with me. It was a tag soup bull. It was shot the day after Big Fin helicoptered in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 534

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back