Another MFW dumb regulation change

I understand the appeal to those who qualify. If I were in the same shoes, I'd like it also.

I just think "residency" means something. The come home to hunt program is a bit like a birth right.

That said, I'm not on any crusade to change it.
It's the Montana way. We all have to one up the other in some way. I'm a resident, I'm a "native," I'm 4th generation, I stayed you left. You're a transplant ... It goes on and on. We get it they're special.

I understand the appeal to those who qualify. If I were in the same shoes, I'd like it also.

I just think "residency" means something. The come home to hunt program is a bit like a birth right.

That said, I'm not on any crusade to change it.
Only works if the hunter still has immediate family in Montana who must be hunting with him (for big game anyway, birds can be hunted solo). It's got some strings attached.

Try a computer...

Or phone a friend with one and have them look it up, if you have one...a friend, not a computer.
I'll dust off the computer. Do you use the card replacement function? That's the only thing I see that will provide that information. That site is kind of a mess.

Come home to hunt is a stupid program. Montana has never ending stupid ideas. These tags need to stop.

I finally got through to someone. Apparently we can't fill in the boxes with a smart phone. Only works with a computer. I asked why they are requiring that we provide the hunter ed verification number if it's already in the state's system. "We don't make up these rules. We just do what the legislature tells us." Doesn't that speak volumes!

Well, that didn't work. Computer allowed for number input for date of birth but the system can't find me. So now I have to provide info for them to do a manual search. What phone number and address do they want? Current one or the one when I took the course? Wait ... I can expect to wait five days to get a response? That won't work. Applications are due tomorrow. Did the state even send out anything about this change? All I seem to get is conservation literature and back-slapping propaganda in my in box. Back to sitting on the phone again.

So why did I wait till the last minute? The Canadian dollar was slowly climbing out of the hole after the Putin Folly panic. Big difference between 75 cents and 80 cents.

Last edited:
My grandfather calls me at least once a week to come fix his tv it's usually something very simple. I don't understand why he can't figure out how to change the input back to HDMI1 its like I'm trying to teach him Chinese. Anyway my point is maybe call your kid or grandkid they'll figure it out.

My grandfather calls me at least once a week to come fix his tv it's usually something very simple. I don't understand why he can't figure out how to change the input back to HDMI1 its like I'm trying to teach him Chinese. Anyway my point is maybe call your kid or grandkid they'll figure it out.
I have dismantled my laptops and repaired them. Many times. But they are here, not sitting in Helena.

@OntarioHunter Just post the first 3 letters of your first and last name along with your date of birth. I'll look it up and PM it to you. Then this thread can be deleted. Geez.
I did that on the computer. The system can't find me. I filled out the form for them to do a manual search but have to wait five days. Too bad this didn't come up last year when my instructor was still alive. Pat McVay was 101 when he died and the oldest instructor in the nation. Also my dad's best friend and coworker. He was with Dad when he died on the golf course in 1999.

Turn Around GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I did that on the computer. The system can't find me. I filled out the form for them to do a manual search but have to wait five days. Too bad this didn't come up last year when my instructor was still alive. Pat McVay was 101 when he died and the oldest instructor in the nation. Also my dad's best friend and coworker. He was with Dad when he died on the golf course in 1999.
Just give me the info. If I can't find it too then I'll post a screenshot showing such and everyone else can walk away with closure. And, again, this thread can be deleted.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back