Ammon Bundy convicted in trespassing trial

It does seam that labeling something a "conspiracy theory" has become the new go to strategy when you do not want to debate on the merits.

As for the Bundys, I would l have handled them different from the start.
You didn't have to be the sharpest knife in the drawer to figure out we were being fed a crock of crap regarding the Wuhan lab. Legacy media and entrenched beuracrats lost a lot of credibility on that one. Same with anyone trying to make the Bundy's into victims ( @Otto Matic ). No credibility.

How can Federal lands "go back" to a State that never owned them to begin with?
(ahem) States (mostly the 14 western) gave vast lands they encompassed with their borders to the federal government to become states.

Nice article on why/how.

I grew up hunting in Texas, on private land.
I've hunted public land in Colorado, Wyoming and a spot or two in Texas, so, honestly, I really don't care..... about public land OR Mr. Bundy.

P.S. private ground or public, the "higher ups" always get the gravy.
You've run your mouth for about 40 posts defending the Bundy's and now you don't care about Mr. Bundy?

I've got to hunt a lot of public land gravy over the years, I thought due to effort. Now I learned I'm a "higher up"!😎

You didn't have to be the sharpest knife in the drawer to figure out we were being fed a crock of crap regarding the Wuhan lab. Legacy media and entrenched beuracrats lost a lot of credibility on that one. Same with anyone trying to make the Bundy's into victims ( @Otto Matic ). No credibility.

What happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
For nearly 30 years, the Gov't has been attempting to "get" the Bundy's.
IF the Bundy's ARE guilty, string 'em up!
After 30 years, I just think it's time for the Gov't to move along.

JMNSHO

I've hunted public land in Colorado, Wyoming and a spot or two in Texas, so, honestly, I really don't care..... about public land OR Mr. Bundy.

I think the disconnect here might be that many of us DO care...

My "Ignore" list is pretty short, but the loudmouth in this thread definitely earned a spot.

Randy/Mod, do you ever run reports on which users are "Ignored" the most? Or am I the only one that uses that feature?

I generally like to read/hear all sides of an argument, even (especially?) if some of the positions are based on fiction and/or emotional and irrational thoughts, but at some point the value of hearing someone's belligerent opinion over and over again reaches zero.

Let's see ... $2.27 per month for every month a cow and calf are on the BLM range is somehow unfair? The last time I checked a 75 lb hay bale was selling at the feed store for about $1.75. I'm sure it's much more expensive now. If fed carefully (in a feeder not on the ground), that bale might feed three feeder calves for a day. I just checked the US commodity index and feeder cattle were quoted at $1.57. So a six hundred pound calf goes for ... over $900? I could only find Nevada auction quotes from 2020 and they were around $750/600 lb calf. Maybe I'm reading that price index wrong? After shipping the calf, the rancher using BLM land still has his cow which though not worth as much per pound is eventually still going to at least be meat for McDonalds at some point. I'm not sure (and I have searched hard for an answer), but I believe the per month BLM grazing fee only applies to the months the pairs are allowed on the range. I know from observation in Montana that most leases do not allow cattle on the land year round. My experience punching cows when teaching HS on the East Side is ranchers started moving pairs off the winter range (often the privately owned lowland hay fields) to BLM range at end of March or early April (late calvers excepted). I heard one rancher complain that BLM would not allow them to move cows onto the range due to drought till the end of April (which was a good thing ... they obviously had too many cows given the damage done to winter grounds). Cattle typically come off BLM summer range in October when the calves are shipped. I'm usually back there every fall for that roundup. So ... that would be seven months @$2.27/month/pair = $15.87 for grazing fees. Even if the rancher was charged for twelve months (and I would be surprised if that's the case), expense for BLM lease for TWO cattle would only be $27. I saw one T-bone at Walmart last night for $18 Canadian.

Last edited:
You've run your mouth for about 40 posts defending the Bundy's and now you don't care about Mr. Bundy?

I've got to hunt a lot of public land gravy over the years, I thought due to effort. Now I learned I'm a "higher up"!😎
I'm not defending the man. I'm defending innocence.
Nearly thirty years and nothing but 10 months and a mistrial.
Meh.

Let's see ... $2.27 per month for every month a cow and calf are on the BLM range is somehow unfair? The last time I checked a 75 lb hay bale was selling at the feed store for about $1.75. I'm sure it's much more expensive now. If fed carefully (in a feeder not on the ground), that bale might feed three feeder calves for a day. I just checked the US commodity index and feeder cattle were quoted at $1.57. So a six hundred pound calf goes for ... over $900? I could only find Nevada auction quotes from 2020 and they were around $750/600 lb calf. Maybe I'm reading that price index wrong? After shipping the calf, the rancher using BLM land still has his cow which though not worth as much per pound is eventually still going to at least be meat for McDonalds. I'm not sure (and I have searched hard for an answer), but I believe the per month BLM grazing fee only applies to the months the pairs are allowed on the range. I know from observation in Montana that most leases do not allow cattle on the land year round. My experience punching cows when teaching HS on the East Side is ranchers started moving pairs off the winter range (often the privately owned lowland hay fields) to BLM range at end of March or early April (late calvers excepted). I heard one rancher complain that BLM would not allow them to move cows onto the range due to drought till the end of April (which was a good thing ... they obviously had too many cows given the damage done to winter grounds). Cattle typically come off BLM summer range in October when the calves are shipped. I'm usually back there every fall for that roundup. So ... that would be seven months @$2.27/month/pair = $15.87 for grazing fees. Even if the rancher was charged for twelve months (and I would be surprised if that's the case), expense for BLM lease for TWO cattle would only be $27. I saw one T-bone at Walmart last night for $18 Canadian.
Let's see....

Not proven guilty by a court of law in nearly thirty years.

The thing is, on this forum, many of us DO care about public lands. Might want to find a different forum, unless you just enjoy mindlessly trolling people on the internet (if that were the case I would really suggest Facebook)

Let's see....

Not proven guilty by a court of law in nearly thirty years.
And what has that got to do with grazing fees and the price of cattle? Huh? What?

I see ... so a renter can brag to the press and to the courts about not paying dirt cheap rent but according to you he's still not guilty of not paying rent? I think Clive Bundy would argue with you on that point. Har, har.

Last edited:
I'm not defending the man. I'm defending innocence.
Nearly thirty years and nothing but 10 months and a mistrial.
Meh.

giphy.gif

Trynna figure out how we went from Ammon Bundy being convicted to someone trumpeting a pathological liar for president in 2024.

Ammon Bundy got what he deserved, finally.
Did you read the article? He got almost nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back