Caribou Gear Tarp

Only 10 days...? Ammon Bundy heading to jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, it's being litigated. Maybe I was off who shot him but not who initiated this unnecessary killing. I'll stand with any American citizen standing up for their freedom. This family had decades long grazing rights that were being unfairly targeted. It's been 5 or 6 years so I don't recall the specifics but it's really not any different then what we see in Colorado with the unprecedented closing of our access to our public lands.
BS. They had grazing rights that they stopped paying in a land grab of their own. Said they’re entitled to the land because they lived there and had in fact run cattle on it. So they were taking the land from us. All the while severely overgrazing and damaging the land that belonged to us. They are a bunch of self absorbed entitled morons. They weren’t standing for freedom they were standing up for their “right” to destroy that which belonged to the rest of us…not to them.

I don’t feel like looking this up but it’s over 90% probably over 95% of BLM employees reside in the field, district, and state offices already. It was a great political talking point…you obviously took the bait but at the end of the day everyone including federal employees have to do what is best for them and their family… same as anyone does in the private sector when they get reassigned.
Obviously most BLM employees are in the west and most are good people. The failures and frustrations with BLM and other Federal Agencies is largely lack of senior leadership being near and responsive to citizens, communities and local leadership.

Reactions: DFS
There is a lot in the area I live. Either land behind turned into wsa or just posts and gates installed cutting off road access that have been around for decades.

What locations? I'm curious where all this land grabbing is happening in CO. Post coordinates or something, I'd like to research.

No. Just the suicide of a prominent doctor caught trafficking in stolen cultural artifacts. He had the courage to make money off stolen goods but not enough courage to face the consequences when caught. The crooked doctor's suicide had no connection to the dismissal of Agent Love. He was canned for abuses in the office, not in the field.

As a historian I have no sympathy whatsoever for cultural thieves and vandals. They are stealing life, literally. The BLM running an undercover sting operation was only "overreach" in the eyes of Utah senator because it involved Native American artifacts. If the doctor had broken into the Salt Lake Temple and stolen Mormon artifacts and got caught, he could have lit himself on fire in the city park and no one would have cared.
Shocking disregard for life and bigoted comment towards Mormon faith. No citizen deserve overreach by LEO's and non-violent charges never require the type of treatment this man and his family experienced. A phone call or knock on door by local authorities with BLM LEO would have been reasonable.

Randy Weaver sold sawed off shotgun to undercover which somehow warranted Federal Govt killing his son and wife!

Last edited:
Glad to see any level consequences for him at this point. 40 hours of community service is cake. I could have set him up with that amount for our local hunting org just last month.

Obviously most BLM employees are in the west and most are good people. The failures and frustrations with BLM and other Federal Agencies is largely lack of Congress being near and responsive to citizens, communities and local leadership.
Fify

The failures and frustrations with BLM and other Federal Agencies is largely lack of senior leadership being near and responsive to citizens, communities and local leadership.
Never once has a grazing permitted told me they wish the DC bureaucrats lived closer by so they could chat with them more often. Most forget they even lease BLM until the bill comes which most gladly pay so they keep their grazing rights tied to their base property.

I don't think I care to post a bunch of places I like to recreate online.

Apparently you also don't care enough about the places you recreate to preserve them from these so-called land grabs? If there are "a lot" of these things things happening, surely you can pick the ones you don't hunt or fish at...

Shocking disregard for life and bigoted comment towards Mormon faith. No citizen deserve overreach by LEO's and non-violent charges never require the type of treatment this man and his family experienced. A phone call or knock on door by local authorities with BLM LEO would have been reasonable.

Randy Weaver sold sawed off shotgun to undercover which someone warranted Federal Govt killing his son and wife!
The only one showing shocking disregard for life was the doctor who killed himself. Shocking disregard for his family's lives too.

His case was a sting operation. That usually involves tricking someone into selling illegal stuff or services to an undercover customer, not door crashing. Thought you knew that. So ... they should have just called him up and say what? "Hey Doc, is it okay if we come over to search your house for stolen artifacts you've been trying to sell to our undercover agents? Please don't dispose of the evidence before we get there. That would be greatly appreciated. Can we pick up some groceries for you on the way since we'll be going by the mall anyway? See you then. Have a nice day."

If you ever lived in Utah you would know all about religious bigotry. It's a fact and they don't have a problem with acknowledging it. Their Constitutional right. Fine.

Randy Weaver had nothing to do with BLM policing. He is a nut with guns who flaunts the law. Another person who wanted to play dangerous games. Unfortunate that he had to play games with his family's lives.

Last edited:
Obviously most BLM employees are in the west and most are good people. The failures and frustrations with BLM and other Federal Agencies is largely lack of senior leadership being near and responsive to citizens, communities and local leadership.
My experience, which is quite extensive, is that local based management is more easily corrupted by local self interest which is also typically uninformed and desirous of staying uninformed unless it satisfies certain personal and financial agendas. Administrators who are detached from local agendas, corruption, and influence are more likely to be less pressured or biased when weighing information to make decisions.

No one wants to see a poor operator lose the lease or his ranch, but if he's a poor businessman, why should he be allowed to continue in business at the public's expense? Much easier if the decision to pull the plug comes from arm's length rather than within the community.

What kills me is the conservative ranchers who whine about welfare mommas bleeding the system, but they don't think they should have to pay to use govt land. They should be entitled to the free ride but not single moms. Same ranchers in Montana think Trump's Wall was a godsend ... while using illegal immigrants for fencing crews and harvesting. Go figure.

My experience, which is quite extensive, is that local based management is more easily corrupted by local self interest which is also typically uninformed and desirous of staying uninformed unless it satisfies certain personal and financial agendas. Administrators who are detached from local agendas, corruption, and influence are more likely to be less pressured or biased when weighing information to make decisions.

No one wants to see a poor operator lose the lease or his ranch, but if he's a poor businessman, why should he be allowed to continue in business at the public's expense? Much easier if the decision to pull the plug comes from arm's length rather than within the community.

What kills me is the conservative ranchers who whine about welfare mommas bleeding the system, but they don't think they should have to pay to use govt land. They should be entitled to the free ride but not single moms. Same ranchers in Montana think Trump's Wall was a godsend ... while using illegal immigrants for fencing crews and harvesting. Go figure.
1649530408187.jpeg

Apparently you also don't care enough about the places you recreate to preserve them from these so-called land grabs? If there are "a lot" of these things things happening, surely you can pick the ones you don't hunt or fish at...
I also spend a lot of time in my CJ 7. This is the majority of the times I become aware of the public land closures. If you aren't coming across these areas I'd suggest spending more time in the backcountry.

Randy Weaver had nothing to do with BLM policing. He is a nut with guns who flaunts the law. Another person who wanted to play dangerous games. Unfortunate that he had to play games with his family's lives.
Pretty interesting assessment of this situation. Shows me you know absolutely nothing of the facts in that case and in turn turns the rest of your blow hardedness into just that. BS. There is always more to every story than what any of us know. Overreach and corruption is a real thing. Maybe not in every case, but in that particular case, “most” of it has already been brought to public light. You are definitely entitled to your opinion however and I respect that. It gets quite entertaining at times.

There is always more to every story than what any of us know. Overreach and corruption is a real thing. Maybe not in every case, but in that particular case, “most” of it has already been brought to public light.
Ha ha. "There's always more to every story than what any of us know." Isn't that at the top of every headline page of National Enquirer? 😂

Glad to see any level consequences for him at this point. 40 hours of community service is cake. I could have set him up with that amount for our local hunting org just last month.
This is really why I posted the article. It's frustrating when it seems like the rules don't apply to some people and he was due.

I also spend a lot of time in my CJ 7. This is the majority of the times I become aware of the public land closures. If you aren't coming across these areas I'd suggest spending more time in the backcountry.
If you're getting there in a CJ 7, is it really backcountry?

I'm more used to that being referred to as front country.

If you're getting there in a CJ 7, is it really backcountry?

I'm more used to that being referred to as front country.
Unfortunately if the blm has there way one day you will be right. We won't be able to travel old mining roads and so on to get as far away from people as possible. Can't afford to own a horse. They sure like building gates and wsa's. I appreciate your civil response.

Unfortunately if the blm has there way one day you will be right. We won't be able to travel old mining roads and so on to get as far away from people as possible. Can't afford to own a horse. They sure like building gates and wsa's. I appreciate your civil response.
I hear you on the expense of having horses, luckily I can still afford good hiking boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back