Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Only 10 days...? Ammon Bundy heading to jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately if the blm has there way one day you will be right. We won't be able to travel old mining roads and so on to get as far away from people as possible. Can't afford to own a horse. They sure like building gates and wsa's. I appreciate your civil response.

The "strategy" of the R, via the great folks like my former congressman Bishop, and my lovely senator Lee, was to starve the public land maintenance budgets to death, forcing closures, then call press conferences to denounce the "libs" in these agencies for shutting access.

Mike Lee, gave a speech a few years back calling for unloading public land to the states.

That year, Utah had a single fire that cost $110 million dollars to fight. The feds picked up 70%.

I asked Lee for a written proposal as to how Utah planned on coming up with $110 million for a fire. Post office lost the letter I guess. Seems the libs couldn't be blamed for a fire.

Might want to research the "why the gate was closed", instead of who closed it

Ammon Bundy, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Ken Ivory, etc. Grifters who have no conscience, and an uncontrolled desire to be in front of a camera, or cashing checks

I hear you on the expense of having horses, luckily I can still afford good hiking boots.
Each to their own i suppose. Many of us like taking our trucks into the backcountry. If you stay on designated trails or roads that have been viable for decades it really shouldn't be an issue. No need to discuss further. It's obvious, as in most discussions, we all have opinions that we hold.

The "strategy" of the R, via the great folks like my former congressman Bishop, and my lovely senator Lee, was to starve the public land maintenance budgets to death, forcing closures, then call press conferences to denounce the "libs" in these agencies for shutting access.

Mike Lee, gave a speech a few years back calling for unloading public land to the states.

That year, Utah had a single fire that cost $110 million dollars to fight. The feds picked up 70%.

I asked Lee for a written proposal as to how Utah planned on coming up with $110 million for a fire. Post office lost the letter I guess. Seems the libs couldn't be blamed for a fire.

Might want to research the "why the gate was closed", instead of who closed it

Ammon Bundy, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Ken Ivory, etc. Grifters who have no conscience, and an uncontrolled desire to be in front of a camera, or cashing checks
Why? It's public lands. Just leave the decades old roads open. Unfortunately you will never get an honest response.

Are there some recent WSA designations in your area? You understand the WSA process, correct?
Too many and no I don't. Horses are still allowed and I'm pretty certain my jeep in 4low first gear does little or less damage then a line of horses running the same narrow trail. No need to cut access to some but not all. Actually, no responsible users should be denied access. Maybe there are problems with people in some areas but the areas I frequent get so little use it's absurd to close access. 👎blm.......

Too many and no I don't. Horses are still allowed and I'm pretty certain my jeep in 4low first gear does little or less damage then a line of horses running the same narrow trail. No need to cut access to some but not all. Actually, no responsible users should be denied access. Maybe there are problems with people in some areas but the areas I frequent get so little use it's absurd to close access. 👎blm.......
Your posts explain why I saw so many pickups and jeeps not following the travel management plan on last years mule deer hunt in Colorado. It really sucks to spend 2 hours hiking in the dark only to have a bunch of guys in jeeps cruising roads…but I guess it’s ok since your “responsible”. Gimme a break dude

I understand you perspective but I, and a lot of folks on here feel there are far too many roads and far too much motorized access.

You see it as shutting down access and I see it was conservation.

"To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”

Your posts explain why I saw so many pickups and jeeps not following the travel management plan on last years mule deer hunt in Colorado. It really sucks to spend 2 hours hiking in the dark only to have a bunch of guys in jeeps cruising roads…but I guess it’s ok since your “responsible”. Gimme a break dude
It's called public lands. Not hunter lands. Maybe you need to research the maps a little more, make a plan that is free from the possibility of encountering others using their public lands for their own reasons.
The trails are visibly marked on onx.

I understand you perspective but I, and a lot of folks on here feel there are far too many roads and far too much motorized access.

You see it as shutting down access and I see it was conservation.

"To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”
I hear ya. But as a hunter and outdoor enthusiast who enjoys many uses i hear both sides from many different folks. My non hunting friends who dirt bike get pissed because trails close at the start of hunting season. I explain to them you get a few months and the hunters get a few months. Everyone that uses public lands aren't necessarily hunters and should be afforded the opportunities they find important. It's a big world with too many people and everyone should have a chance to do what they enjoy with their public lands responsibly.

Like many of your other post on this thread, you are uninformed (nice word, correct?).

Simple google search will inform you when the last WSA was designated in Colorado...it wasn't recent.

Secondly, you might want to touch base with your Congressman (Boebert likely) and not BLM if you have concerns with WSAs.

Like many of your other post on this thread, you are uninformed (nice word, correct?).

Simple google search will inform you when the last WSA was designated in Colorado...it wasn't recent.

Secondly, you might want to touch base with your Congressman (Boebert likely) and not BLM if you have concerns with WSAs.
I wasn't insinuating it was yesterday. It's just been more and more over the years and at the expense of a lot of people's public land use. Uninformed? Not sure about what? Disagreement to how the blm functions? Absolutely.

It's called public lands. Not hunter lands. Maybe you need to research the maps a little more, make a plan that is free from the possibility of encountering others using their public lands for their own reasons.
The trails are visibly marked on onx.
The roads were designated closed on the travel management map but users such as yourself ignore these closures. It’s really too bad. These roads are usually designated closed for a reason: provide big game security, etc; oh well, users like you are only going to respond to fines; so I guess I will keep turning you guys in

Oh, so when you say you’ve “lost access” you are being intentionally disingenuous (nice words). You still have access just like all of the other non-motorized users. You’re just pissed because you can’t go back there four wheeling. Gotcha! 👌

The roads were designated closed on the travel management map but users such as yourself ignore these closures. It’s really too bad. These roads are usually designated closed for a reason: provide big game security, etc; oh well, users like you are only going to respond to fines; so I guess I will keep turning you guys in
I have and would never. If there is a closure I abide by that. Go f yourself.

Oh, so when you say you’ve “lost access” you are being intentionally disingenuous (nice words). You still have access just like all of the other non-motorized users. You’re just pissed because you can’t go back there four wheeling. Gotcha! 👌
Yep, I am. Then close it to anything but foot traffic. No horses. No lamas. No bicycles.

I wasn't insinuating it was yesterday. It's just been more and more over the years and at the expense of a lot of people's public land use. Uninformed? Not sure about what? Disagreement to how the blm functions? Absolutely.
When was the last year there was a designation in Colorado? Take two minutes to learn something.

In 1976, Congress directed the BLM to evaluate all of its land for the presence of wilderness characteristics, and identified areas became WSAs. The establishment of a WSA served to identify areas for Congress to consider for addition to the National Wilderness Preservation System. Today, the BLM manages WSA that contain about 12.6 million acres of public land. Until Congress makes a decision to add or end consideration of a WSA, the BLM manages the area to ensure its suitability for designation as wilderness is not impaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back