Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

American prairie. What's the issue?

As far as I can tell anyone is allowed on the land.

Who do they not allow on the land?
Some land is enrolled in Type 1 BMA, a few type 2 areas, other accessible lands like Blue Ridge is a random drawing for permit holders like the pic @BuzzH Posted, and some is off limits to all hunting.

The land that is off limits is off limits to everyone, employees included.

Last edited:
It’s private land. They get to pick. They are warming folks up by granting some access. Looks like it’s working.
Can you show me where they are "picking" who gets to be on the land? I went to the website and it looks like anyone can access?

They even allow dispersed camping.

I understand that they own the land and so they could stop allowing public access, but right now I cannot find anything saying they restrict access in any way.

Please show me.

Some land is enrolled in Type 1 BMA, a few type 2 areas, other accessible lands like Blue Ridge is a random drawing for permit holders like the pic @BuzzH Posted, and is off limits to all hunting.

The land that is off limits is off limits to everyone, employees included.
Do you mean not allowed to hunt or not allowed to access?

Allowed to hunt and allowed to access are two very different things.

Can you show me where they are "picking" who gets to be on the land? I went to the website and it looks like anyone can access?

They even allow dispersed camping.

I understand that they own the land and so they could stop allowing public access, but right now I cannot find anything saying they restrict access in any way.

Please show me.
It’s common knowledge if you have any experience in the area. If you don’t have any experience in the area please stay where you are.

Do you mean not allowed to hunt or not allowed to access?

Allowed to hunt and allowed to access are two very different things.
Good luck walking on Blue Ridge during hunting season!! Give it a try October 28, 2022!!

You are being disingenuous. Everything I see says there land is open to all to visit. If that is untrue, explain specifically who is excluded, how and why.

If you are just being a crybaby because you can't hunt there stop acting like an entitled toddler. As you said, its privately owned land.

Not allowing everyone and anyone to hunt land doesn't mean everyone and anyone isn't allowed to access it.

You are being disingenuous. Everything I see says there land is open to all to visit. If that is untrue, explain specifically who is excluded, how and why.

If you are just being a crybaby because you can't hunt there stop acting like an entitled toddler. As you said, its privately owned land.

Not allowing everyone and anyone to hunt land doesn't mean everyone and anyone isn't allowed to access it.
Lace those boots up and get to it.

See where I fixed @mtmuley post (post 56) above. And also where I said it’s more access than the previous owner ever allowed. It’s a hunting forum, so I’m talking about access to hunt elk. Feel free to use the other access they allow for whatever you choose.

Last edited:
See where I fixed @mtmuley post (post 56) above. And also where I said it’s more access than the previous owner ever allowed. It’s a hunting forum, so I’m talking about access to hunt elk. Feel free to use the other access they allow for whatever you choose.
Saying they dont allow access because they dont allow anyone and everyone to hunt is misleading regardless of what kind of site this is.

They allow access and limited hunting.

Seems pretty straightforward.

Saying they dont allow access because they dont allow anyone and everyone to hunt is misleading regardless of what kind of site this is.

They allow access and limited hunting.

Seems pretty straightforward.
Where you from??

I think it’s been pretty obvious if you’ve read through the whole thread based on people coming to visit from MA this July, and other people talking about access, that we were talking about hunting access.

Who is "they", or the "billionaires", in "billionaires get what they want"?

That's what I can't seem to understand. Is their some conspiracy? Or is it what it is on face value, just locking up land from development?

Maybe its just your attitude...

IMG_20201030_121659620_HDR.jpg
Maybe not. I can have any opinion I choose about APR, just like anybody else. mtmuley

if joe bob outfitter had all the APR lands. would there me more, same or less public access

and if peoplw want to whine and cry over realestate prices there, please whine and cry about all western realestate right now, were homes are selling at cash values 2 times or more over appraisals,,,

appraisals dont effect cash buyers ,,,,,,

I wonder how many of the negative opinion holders of APR have spent the time to read what they are attempting to accomplish and the team/skill sets they have assembled? It is most impressive when viewed from the macro level and taking into consideration what is best for the ecosystem and public.

I am all about private land ownership and allowing the market to dictate pricing: when reviewing APR's actions I don't see where they have negatively impacted these existing principles. For those of you who disagree with APR assembling land do you feel the same way about Switchback Ranch and its continuing purchases on the front and Crazies?

25 years ago I picked up some acreage in Carbon County (south central MT) and became really good friends with several of the regions ranchers. We would have regular meals together and solve world problems......but we could never agree on how beef producers could capture more of the channels profits. My background is retail chain management and commercial real estate...and I could not fathom why these intelligent men & women allowed the producer to table channel be controlled by the feedlot/packers (4 majors control ~ 85%). It's a big lift, but producers need to start assembling their consolidated strength and change the business model...I can hear all the reasons it can't be accomplished...heard them from the ranchers...something has to change.

I sent money to APR, I think they are doing a good thing.

An aside, some of the voices complaining that they can't just go to APR property and hunt and therefore pronounce APR as bad is a horse shit argument. Do you apply the same standard to your local rancher? Drive to Switchback holdings and tromp on out there and shoot an ungulate and report back on how that worked out.

If more of the locals allowed public hunting (through the awesome BMA program, for instance) I'd be a little more sympathetic to their arguments. As it is, I hope APR buys up all the private ranches along the Missouri they can, and I hope the Bison (and Elk) population thrives. There are some great ranches out there with owners that sign up for BMA and allow some public use of their properties, for which I'll always be appreciative. There are a whole lot more that don't. That's their right, but I won't pretend to be upset when a nonprofit buys surrounding land with the express purpose of creating natural habitat for animals I love and letting people like me use it.

And the signs..."Save a cowboy, stop the APR"...are ridiculous. People out there are way too concerned with what their neighbors are doing. Like one organization's decision to use land similar to theirs to do something besides raise cattle is a personal attack on their way of life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back