NEW SITKA Ambient 75

American prairie. What's the issue?

Any shoulder seasons open now? I could use some elk meat and it would be a lot easier to pick off a cow @ greenup than have to wait until cold, uncomfortable weather….😄
Go buy a big cow killer bumper and hit the open road

I suspect Bozeman is right in wintering areas and travel corridors? Maybe why it’s tough for wildlife. What about the interstate? That can’t help anything. I’m all for it let’s go back to Lewis and Clark days, let’s start west where most of the development is and let’s work east where we aren’t pummeled yet.

I suspect Bozeman is right in wintering areas and travel corridors? Maybe why it’s tough for wildlife. What about the interstate? That can’t help anything. I’m all for it let’s go back to Lewis and Clark days, let’s start west where most of the development is and let’s work east where we aren’t pummeled yet.
If you are buying up properties at market value to bring your dream to fruition, knock yourself out!!! Call me in @ 10 years. I would love to see some bison on what is now my front lawn.😄

If you are buying up properties at market value to bring your dream to fruition, knock yourself out!!! Call me in @ 10 years. I would love to see some bison on what is now my front lawn.😄
Just recruiting some rich out of staters that support logging and bulldozing down houses. Slow going so far.

On this note, apr has electric fences up for their pets. I watched a cow elk last year pace back and forth for 20+ minutes because it wanted nothing to do with the electric fence. Made me chuckle. The other 35 elk had already plowed through it.

• Haha
Reactions: DFS
Do you have any idea how much property tax I have to pay so the robins have suitable habitat to build nests on my porch beams?
Well we all have decisions might be time to move to Wyoming for both of us. I’m sure you could make money. Western Montana wildlife are in trouble though, be good to have someone there to help them.

Maybe an American forest reserve? Manage for a healthy forest and wildlife? Bulldoze some houses out of migration corridors and wintering areas.

Maybe you should build nests for the robins so they don’t have to build them. The more I think about it maybe western Montana needs more help than eastern Montana. You guys need AFR. American Forest Reserve!

Maybe an American forest reserve? Manage for a healthy forest and wildlife? Bulldoze some houses out of migration corridors and wintering areas.
Within 1O miles of the center of Bozeman there are a couple elk herds larger than the herd objectives for the entire Region 7 in MT. Within 20 minutes of the center of Bozeman there are more elk than all of Region 7.

Last time I was at the Capitol the only fellow from Bozeman who was complaining about too many elk was mad because he couldn’t get OTC bull tags for his ranches he outfits in Eastern MT.

Last edited:
Well maybe you can turn him on to your tips about other elk near brozeman?

Within 1O miles of the center of Bozeman there are a couple elk herds larger than the herd objectives than the target objectives for the entire Region 7 in MT. Within 20 minutes of the center of Bozeman there are more elk than all of Region 7.

Last time I was at the Capitol the only fellow from Bozeman who was complaining about too many elk was mad because he couldn’t get OTC bull tags for his ranches he outfits in Eastern MT.
And you couldn’t kill one? Sheesh.
#supportyourlocalranchers

And you couldn’t kill one? Sheesh.
#supportyourlocalranchers
Misplaced priorities. I will be true to my New Years resolution and hunt more this year than last year. Working for a living can really get in the way of a man’s fun.

That and a bit too much of a lackadaisical attitude when presented with a few opportunities to harvest until there were no more opportunities.

Misplaced priorities. I will be true to my New Years resolution and hunt more this year than last year. Working for a living can really get in the way of a man’s fun.

That and a bit too much of a lackadaisical attitude when presented with a few opportunities to harvest until there were no more opportunities.
Family will never be replaced as a top priority, if that’s what it was. That hinders my time hunting.

Fixed it for @VikingsGuy

Last edited:
Family will never be a misplaced priority, if that’s what it was. That hinders my time hunting.
Are you saying family is a top priority so time with them show never be viewed as misplaced, or are you saying hunting always comes before family?

Are you saying family is a top priority so time with them show never be viewed as misplaced, or are you saying hunting always comes before family?
Family time > hunting time. I don’t hunt as much as I wish, but with a 1 year old and 6 year old, hunting can wait. These are years I’ll never see again with my kids. He never specified why his priorities were misplaced. I was letting him know that if it was family priorities, good for him because I choose the same. Hope this answers your questions. Skol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back