American prairie. What's the issue?

How is a bid “inflated”? Barring some type of collusion it is simply market price. Someone else placing a higher value on land is not “inflating” - it is called free markets.
They are all cash purchases, nothing gets valued. Like @mtmuley said, billionaires get what they want.

I don't live close to APR, but I did see one of there first promotion films. Full of the look down there noses attitude of we know what is best and you hayseed hicks should take lessons from us. I sure that went over big with the neighbors.
Those neighbors Gerald Martin referenced that are struggling to make ends meet?
Messaging for anything different is tough. But locals regardless of locale tend to think different is bad just because it is different.

Yeah, that’s not true. They lost out on a property within the monument just this year because a private individual can purchase above appraised value.
I was trying to find out what year that changed (about non profits not paying over market value), but couldn't find it. When they initially started buying land in South Phillips county it was happening. Rancher doing exactly what SA described about retiring got the offer from APR and didn't accept because a rancher bought it at the same asking price. That land was, and still is, all BMA.

They haven’t been able to pay above appraised value as long as they’ve existed.
Is there information on the properties purchased by APR and the prices paid? According to the current appraised value at the time if course. mtmuley

Fair enough
American Prairie shouldn’t be immune to criticism and people are right to look at each action with concern, but IMO false information and rumors get in the way of addressing those legitimate concerns. All the questions I’ve had about management or access issues have had a return email or phone call back within a week.

American Prairie shouldn’t be immune to criticism and people are right to look at each action with concern, but IMO false information and rumors get in the way of addressing those legitimate concerns. All the questions I’ve had about management or access issues have had a return email or phone call back within a week.
I have a pretty good grasp on their intentions and what their end game. May not come while we are still hunting, but it may affect our kids.

Reactions: DFS
So, to summarize. Rancher A wants to sell 1,000 acres at appraised value $1.5MM total. APR says ok. Rancher B pencils it and can only turn a profit on it if he pays $1.2MM. Seller chooses the extra $300,000 (and nobody can really blame them, that’s a lot of money). APR isn’t worried about turning a profit so there’s no negotiation between the ranchers. That’s what I was trying to convey when the wolves attacked.

So, to summarize. Rancher A wants to sell 1,000 acres at appraised value $1.5MM total. Rancher C says ok. Rancher B pencils it and can only turn a profit on it if he pays $1.2MM. Seller chooses the extra $300,000 (and nobody can really blame them, that’s a lot of money). Rancher C isn’t worried about turning a profit so there’s no negotiation between the ranchers. That’s what I was trying to convey when the wolves attacked.
What you’re describing is a free market, that’s the exact scenario that has played out in every purchase. I don’t see how that is any different than buying a house right now in any town Lewistown and westward- except those are going above appraised value in many cases.

What you’re describing is a free market, that’s the exact scenario that has played out in every purchase. I don’t see how that is any different than buying a house right now in any town Lewistown and westward- except those are going above appraised value in many cases.
Correct. And the billionaires always win. But it’s okay as long as they don’t want bull tags!!! 😂😂😂

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back