MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

American Cities

I've never had a bad time in Kansas City. Good BBQ, lots of good breweries, NASCAR and baseball trips. Golf trips with fishing trips on the side. Arguably the best scratch kitchen cafe in the Midwest as well.

I've never had a bad time in Kansas City. Good BBQ, lots of good breweries, NASCAR and baseball trips. Golf trips with fishing trips on the side. Arguably the best scratch kitchen cafe in the Midwest as well.
I went to KC this past year and I was pretty impressed with it as well.

Been to San Diego, Boston, Hartford , Denver, Reno, Salt Lake City, St. Louis, etc. Montreal is my favorite. Clean, friendly, safe.

Reactions: Hem
I'll be in Austin next weekend, just for the entertainment and BBQ. I avoid most places with more than 100,000 people but for what Austin offers I'm willing to make an exception once every year or two.

I met a girl in Yellowstone while working construction back in the late 80's. She went to Vanderbilt. Went to meet the parents and they asked me what I thought about moving to the South.
There wasn't a chance in hell , I said.
And that was that.🤣

I had the same experience with a girl, she told me I'd love living in Los Angeles because she would never leave it, and her family was in Downey, darn near the geographic center of that rat race...um, NOPE :ROFLMAO:

I've a friend who's a cop in Nashville and he had some stories.

I think it really comes down to how many services are provided for the homeless. The more there is and more that people try to save them the worse it gets. Downtown Anchorage is becoming an absolute shit hole full of homeless and drug addicts. Many businesses are leaving due to safety concerns and homeless harassing customers and employees. There is no end to service as well as those who don't want to help themselves. I would bet that Nashville has limited services on the downtown area...

I've been to a lot of big cities, east and west coast and a few in the middle. Can't say I liked any more than the rest. Some . just have a bit more charm. New England cities have the most charm, IMO and the smaller towns around the periphery are second to none.

Vancouver, BC is my favorite big city, no question. It's also getting over run with homeless and drugs though.

Last edited:
With the Hunting Princess in school at Belmont we are in Nashville quite a bit now. I like it more than I thought I would as I am in NO way a fan of country music. Hot chicken is a REAL bonus, downtown is pretty fun, I have fraternity brothers in Franklin that I get to see and outside town is nice. One big negative is the traffic/road design is horrible for the size town it is.

I have traveled the entire country and a good part of the world. Outside the US my favorite big city, by a MILE, is Munich. Gorgeous, safe, best beer in the world, great food, every type of cultural experience and a stone's throw from the Alps.

In the US my entirely biased opinion is Indianapolis. It is my hometown and it is a great combonation of large (downtown), suburbs, rationally thought out and easy to navigate driving, friendly people, a walkable and safe downtown with tons to do and relatively low costs of living. Everytime I go back it takes a LOT to leave. An honorable mention, allthough I wouldn't call it big, is the previously mentioned Charleston. I have been there a few times and always had a good time and great food.

As for the "not again for any amount of money" ....Seattle, Portland, LA, New York, Boston, Chicago and I would add Denver but am forced to go there occasionally. I will say that outside of the downtown areas of these spots can be found good places but the negatives in the downtowns far outweigh the positives for me. The worst local ( not import) people for me are those in the NE. When I was small my parents divorced, was forced to live in CT for several years and have never been treated so badly in my life. The people were horrible, condescending, self important and generally unpleasant. The bigger cities in NE are disgustingly dirty, expensive and the populaces have ridiculously inflated opinions of themselves and the cities. Again, outside of the cities is a different matter to some degree.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back