ALERT! Corner crossing bill

shoots-straight

To all,

HB 235 in the "House"

Today in the "Judiciary Committee" they are hearing a bill sponsored by Ellie Boldman Hill.

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2013/billhtml/HB0235.htm

Simply put, it would allow for people to hop corners if they have legal access to the first parcel that their standing on. There would be no easements granted.

Access has been defined as the #1 reason that hunting is declining across the country. We have a chance to do something positive here.

This issue has been brought, here on "Hunt Talk" time and agian. Don't sit on the sidelines on this. Lets make it an issue.

Callers may leave messages for legislators or acquire general legislative information by calling the Information Desk at (406) 444-4800. Callers may leave messages for up to 5 individual legislators or 1 legislative committee per call.

You can send an e-mail to everyone individually or the committee as a whole:

http://leg.mt.gov/css/Sessions/63rd/legwebmessage.asp

Robert Wood
406-531-5043

Last edited:
Done, emails, put on facebook, etc... thanks for telling us.

Last edited:
Done and sent. Good bill. Would do more to open up public access than anything I can think of.

Thank you SS. I have contacted them and can only hope for the passage of this.

RobG - I sent PLWA an email alerting them to this as well (if they didn't already know).

Thanks again for the heads up SS.

Very nice! We really do need to get the word out on this. Thanks SS!

Just sent a strong message of support to the committee. I guess they are meeting on MLK day?
SS, thanks for the heads up.

What my good friend Robert failed to mention is that the Democratic sponsor of the bill has a co-sponson who is the Chair of the Judiciary Committee, Republican Krayton Kerns. I talked with Rep. Hill earlier today and she feels that the bill has a good chance of passing out of the House Judiciary Committee. We will need to push both sides of the aisle to support this bill. When it goes to the Senate for committee hearing, we need
100+ people to show up and testify. This bill stands to open up thousands of acres of public land that has been locked off for years. This is the most best bill we have seen in many years. JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON NOW AND TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT IT. SEND LETTERS, EMAILS AND CALL YOUR LEGISLATORS!

What my good friend Robert failed to mention is that the Democratic sponsor of the bill has a co-sponson who is the Chair of the Judiciary Committee, Republican Krayton Kerns. I talked with Rep. Hill earlier today and she feels that the bill has a good chance of passing out of the House Judiciary Committee. We will need to push both sides of the aisle to support this bill. When it goes to the Senate for committee hearing, we need
100+ people to show up and testify. This bill stands to open up thousands of acres of public land that has been locked off for years. This is the most best bill we have seen in many years. JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON NOW AND TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT IT. SEND LETTERS, EMAILS AND CALL YOUR LEGISLATORS!

That was because your good friend Robert didn't know that info.:D That's really good, no great news. We actually have bipartisan support, and a real chance at this bill becoming a reality.

I really hope you guys get some common sense legislation...as is has got to be beyond frustrating.

I may have missed it, but does this bill provide for corner to corner from say, Forest Service to State or BLM? mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back