Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Alaska fish run 2022

How much would you say this trip costs you in total, air, hotels, how many days fishing, cost to fish, cost to get fish home, length of the actual trip...etc...etc...?
3 or 4 days fishing $2500-$3000 each. We usually stay a week.

Fishing is $400/day, house we stay at costs us $500 each for entire stay, airfare depends but we usually get that for $400-$600 roundtrip each, but has been as cheap as $275 each. Fish processing $2-$3 pound finished weight...figure $200-$300 for processing each. 2 fish boxes as checked luggage $40. We usually tip the boat a total of $1,000-$1200 depending on number of days we fish.

Nice job Buzz! You got some nice lings. Don't know about you, but the annual Alaska fishing trip is right up there as one of my favorite won't miss adventures every year. I think I look forward to it as much as any hunting trip at this point. Thanks for sharing.
Totally agree the one trip a person can count on every year.

Trying to plan annual hunting trips out of state is about impossible with anything you need to draw.

The fishing up there has changed quite a bit in the past 15 years though. Almost assured it will be a lot different in another 15 years.

Totally agree the one trip a person can count on every year.

Trying to plan annual hunting trips out of state is about impossible with anything you need to draw.

The fishing up there has changed quite a bit in the past 15 years though. Almost assured it will be a lot different in another 15 years.
Couldn’t agree more. My buddies and I have a spring Tennessee turkey hunt and the early November Indiana whitetail rut hunt. Those are both OTC tags. We are dialed on both spots so the group always has a degree of success. There is very little planning required and no fear of not getting drawn.

Those hunts are truly vacations and have saved several years when other plans fell apart.

Looks like a blast! I’d love to do that trip one of these days.

Is that a flag rockfish above the quillback in the last photo?

Thanks for sharing!
-Eliot

Congrats, Buzz. Looks like a great time and some delicious fish. I went fishing in Alaska for the first time about a month ago. We fished out of Ketchikan. Had a great time and I have been looking at different options to start going back. Where did you fish out of? Kodiak?

BuzzH even without a giant halibut or two it still looks pretty dang epic. I want to catch one of those tiger rock fish really bad. I think they are extra-extry cool looking!

Congratulations, just got back from a hunting trip up there. The last minute ocean charter saved the trip so to speak! Definitely be doing it on a more regular basis.

BuzzH how do you feel things have changed over the past 15 years of fishing up there? What do you anticipate the next 15 years will bring?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back