Caribou Gear Tarp

Alaska Bear Hunt/Fishing Adventure

BRWNBR

Got a bug in my hair to do a backpackin' bear hunt/remote fishing trip. I've got a handfull of lakes above treeline with some great arctic grayling and lake trout fishing as well as grizzly bears running around. Ground squirrels and marmots too. Looking to see if someone would be interested in a late june backpacking trip across alaskan tundra for fish and game. $6000 would include air taxi, food, backpack, tents, gear except sleeping bag, fishing gear and transportation from anchorage to the field and back again. Or we could do it for 3500 each for two people! run it by me, i'm getting bored...

I'll go with you, but I think I could get us a cheaper deal.

it'd be a 10 day deal, with one travel day on either end. june 18-29th
thats ok ovis, i'll pull thru <sniff sniff> :)

maybe let me specify, this is a guided deal....i'm the guide.

So, just for Clarity, you said this is a Bear hunt and fishing trip. You're the guide and you'll do it for "3500 each for two people".

I think people are mistaking this for a 10 day grizz hunt for 2 people for $3,500...... Thats' not what you're saying.. is it ?

naw moose this is a whole different time frame that what you and i were talking...i think i've got that all lined out already. I've got some time in june that i usually do a hunt but decided to try something different this year. My bro in law is coming up and i want to take him out and make him work for a change and i thought what haven't i done....?? well dang, i ain't done a hiking/hunting/fishing trip yet. lets give that a go...so here it is.
3500 FOR EACH PERSON, and we'll be hunting bears while we fish and hike to other lakes for more fishing, couple streams for some grayling, shoot a couple ground squirrels, T-Bones into that...lol

3500 FOR EACH PERSON, and we'll be hunting bears while we fish

Jake, Help a Brother out !! You said in your last post it's NOT a bear hunt then just posted it is a Bear/Fishing combo. Maybe Becasue It's late I'm not understanding exactly whats going on...... I feel dumb :(

If a Guy goes with you, Can he shoot a Grizz ? I can't go but I'm wondering for others.....

It's a screaming deal but I'm hording cash like the rest of the country this year.

I'm really thinking/dreaming hard and going to lunch w/ my banker and the guy who would go with me. Is there a decent chance we would each get a grizzly that you consider a shooter?

YES geez let me spell this out...lol
you can shoot grizzly bears
you can shoot black bears
you can catch fish
you can shoot ground squirrels
geez you can even shoot paper targets if you want
you don't have to fish
you don't have to shoot bears...
lol
ya theres a decent chance we could get two grizz, depending on where we spent our time, black bear would be the iffy one. But it we stay high running around between lakes fishing and glassing we'll be covering alot of country.
Then again this is alaska, we might not catch a fish or see a bear...
or we may see two dozen bears and catch a thousand fish...
gotta have the right attitude and realistic expections when you dive into this stuff.
Ya you'd think the phone would be off the hook. But i don't have anyone sitting around writing a check for this deal...
problem with hording the cash is once the economy comes back, prices for everything will be higher than ever.Businesses aren't lowering prices cause the economeys hurting, the govt is just giving out more money....I'm dropping my prices on some stuff but takin' the hit doing it, my air taxi's didn't get any cheaper or land use fees, insurance...ect.
this is just a great deal at a trip in alaska for bears and fish and to see some awesome country and have a wild alaskan expereince...

So... looking at your web site, this is $10k off the normal griz hunt? Wow. I have the money but I'm apprehensive to spend until I see how this economy fairs - probably like everyone else right now. Plus, I like being married.

well i'm like the rest of the world, i know things are gonna slow down and i've only go so much time to get hunts sold up before i head out to work the ones that are sold. So i've got to drop some of my prices as low as i can, any lower on this and its not worth the time. little bits better than nothing...the way things are looking these days.

BRWNBR any interest in swapping a sp0t 0n this trip f0r a guided elk hunt in M0ntana. Here is my website www.huntmontanaelk.com . Since I am the 0wner, c00k, guide I can let y0u stay till y0u tag a bull. I kn0w h0w the m0ney thing is right n0w. Trying t0 be creative t0 g0 0n hunts myself with0ut having the cash.

thanks for the offer but i'm not really in a position to loose money, shooting an elk isn't really on my radar at all. Feeding the family and paying bills is however. I appreciate the offer and the thought. best of luck to you this season!

Back