Ovis Outfitters - Wasilla Alaska - outfitter review

In 25 years of guiding grizzly bear hunters my guide Mike Lettis told me that I was the ONLY person who had requested a desire to have grizzly bear steak in spike camp. No-one else had ever asked!! I took a backstrap off of my grizzly bear and we hung it up on a willow bush near our tent for a couple days to let it cool and age. We then sliced it into steaks, rolled it in flour, and fried it up in a cast iron pan with salt and pepper sprinkled on it. It was delicious and both Mike and I loved the meat. We had mashed garlic potatoes to go with it and it was. meal fit for a king. They were eating Dall Sheep steaks back at basecamp that night I found out later, but I think our meal was every bit as good as theirs.

In 25 years of guiding grizzly bear hunters my guide Mike Lettis told me that I was the ONLY person who had requested a desire to have grizzly bear steak in spike camp. No-one else had ever asked!! I took a backstrap off of my grizzly bear and we hung it up on a willow bush near our tent for a couple days to let it cool and age. We then sliced it into steaks, rolled it in flour, and fried it up in a cast iron pan with salt and pepper sprinkled on it. It was delicious and both Mike and I loved the meat. We had mashed garlic potatoes to go with it and it was. meal fit for a king. They were eating Dall Sheep steaks back at basecamp that night I found out later, but I think our meal was every bit as good as theirs.

I’d still love to see some pictures of this trip

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back