AK Blacktails -Fantasy Island

Love fantasy island, and love you kicking off our hunting year
On the web! Look forward to more photos. Congrats!
No research but none needed -
Stud buck in velvet!

Randy-A boomer of a Sitka. Hope you find wi-fi soon. Can't wait to hear/see the full story.

My buddy JB, shot this buck earlier in the hunt at 60 yards. He shoots a hand-made Hawken 58 caliber with round balls; a "front stuffer" of the original intent. Carrying both these bucks, our camps, and all the production gear was the hardest I've ever worked for a deer.

HIs buck grosses just over 100", which is the equivalent of a 180" gross mule deer. JB is an official B&C measurer, so he is pretty stingy with his tape measure.

DSC00209-001.JPG

HIs buck grosses just over 100", which is the equivalent of a 180" gross mule deer. JB is an official B&C measurer, so he is pretty stingy with his tape measure.
So what does yours score? I suspect my comment was accurate and then some. I was gonna ask if JB made you go traditional.

So what does yours score? I suspect my comment was accurate and then some. I was gonna ask if JB made you go traditional.

When we strip the velvet tomorrow, we might find out. JB guesses it might exceed his by a bit. He knows blacktails pretty good, having all-time #11, #12, and #30 on his wall down here in the trophy room.

Hunted them on pow a few years ago never saw a buck similar to that, that's a stud blacktail!

THAT is way cool Randy! Congrats to both you guys.I like the roundball notion too.Tough country to keep your powder dry.

Yes!!!!! A "on your own", "self guided" record book Sitka buck on film. You and the crew are the men! Can't wait to see it in person. Congratulations!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back