Yeti GOBOX Collection

AK Blacktails -Fantasy Island

Love fantasy island, and love you kicking off our hunting year
On the web! Look forward to more photos. Congrats!
No research but none needed -
Stud buck in velvet!

Randy-A boomer of a Sitka. Hope you find wi-fi soon. Can't wait to hear/see the full story.

My buddy JB, shot this buck earlier in the hunt at 60 yards. He shoots a hand-made Hawken 58 caliber with round balls; a "front stuffer" of the original intent. Carrying both these bucks, our camps, and all the production gear was the hardest I've ever worked for a deer.

HIs buck grosses just over 100", which is the equivalent of a 180" gross mule deer. JB is an official B&C measurer, so he is pretty stingy with his tape measure.

DSC00209-001.JPG

HIs buck grosses just over 100", which is the equivalent of a 180" gross mule deer. JB is an official B&C measurer, so he is pretty stingy with his tape measure.
So what does yours score? I suspect my comment was accurate and then some. I was gonna ask if JB made you go traditional.

So what does yours score? I suspect my comment was accurate and then some. I was gonna ask if JB made you go traditional.

When we strip the velvet tomorrow, we might find out. JB guesses it might exceed his by a bit. He knows blacktails pretty good, having all-time #11, #12, and #30 on his wall down here in the trophy room.

Hunted them on pow a few years ago never saw a buck similar to that, that's a stud blacktail!

THAT is way cool Randy! Congrats to both you guys.I like the roundball notion too.Tough country to keep your powder dry.

Yes!!!!! A "on your own", "self guided" record book Sitka buck on film. You and the crew are the men! Can't wait to see it in person. Congratulations!!!!!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back