Advice

MT_elk

I'm looking for some advice on an old 12 gauge double barrel shotgun. I'm not sure what year it was made, but my grandfather has a picture of when he was a kid, hunting rabbits with it. Any idea what it might be worth? The only inscription is: "Hunter Arms Company Fulton, New York"

Attachments

• 2013-10-06 12.14.53.jpg
    2013-10-06 12.14.53.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 376
  • 2013-10-06 12.15.21-1.jpg
    2013-10-06 12.15.21-1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 375
Kind of looks like a Parker, and pretty cool.
Checkering is good - not the best condition.
Probably worth a good sum of money, so what advice?
Mine: hang on to it.

Kind of looks like a Parker, and pretty cool.
Checkering is good - not the best condition.
Probably worth a good sum of money, so what advice?
Mine: hang on to it.

I'm with putm2sleep. . .hang on to it!!! It is worth more in sentimental value than anyone would pay you!!

If I owned that gun, and had a picture of my grandpa hunting with it, it would be worth well over a million dollars

Parker Shotguns were not built in NY but in Connecticut so I don't think it is a Parker.

Nemont

PS I agree with hanging on to it.

Humter Arms was located in Fulton NY and was started to manufacture LC Smith shotguns. They eventually manufactured their own line.

The worth? Priceless. I have a Model 94 Winchester .30-.30 my Grandfather bought brand new with money he earned himself at age 13. Nobody has enough money to buy it. My son will get it for free. mtmuley

It's a hunter arms gun, not necessarily an lc but they are the same company. The barrels look like fluid steel, not damascus? Obviously exposed hammers with double triggers. I believe this is what they termed the Field model. Pop the forearm off by pulling down on the front of it, hit the lever and take the barrels off. Proof marks next to the lug will help id the exact model/year but the water table holds the best info. That is to say, the flat spot on the action that the barrels rest on. That should have a serial number, should match the number on inside of forearm, but it may also say field or have some other letter indicating grade. Various things impact value, likely around $750-1000 pending original condition, but perhaps sentimental value is much higher.

Thanks for all the information guys. I was able to locate the serial number (thanks Redwood) and found that it was made in 1916. A bit hard up right now and struggling on whether or not I should part with it. Thanks again.

I've never met some one who said "thank God I sold that gun!"

Back