A Whitetail story

Man, I can’t believe he blew up like that at 8.5 years old. They are supposed to be declining by then. Just goes to show you never know. Most bucks never get the chance to reach their potential.
That declining theory is mostly false. Not the first buck I have seen take a big jump late in life.

What a great story and congrats on such a great buck! I love how some big whitetails know how to disappear during rifle season.

Let me express my appreciation for your level of patience. I think I speak for some of us in saying that deer wouldn't have made it past 5 years. Your commitment to being patient gave use more chapters to the story than we could have imagined. Finally I find it fitting you missed on your first chance with this buck. Without that detail...….

Usually everybody's excuse when they shoot a smaller buck, "he so old he was going down hill" always cracks me up. "No hes 2.5 years old" lol
The other buck in the picture when he is a big four point is a great example of a deer that is not going to get big. He is likely just as old as the buck I shot and he is still the same big three by three.

This is a poem of everything: Anticipation, patience, determination, excellent story telling and the sheds add a personal touch that only @Oak can rival with his voluminous prose.

The judges have awarded you 75 Dr. Frankenfurters, 3.9 million stars in the Andromeda galaxy and a smile that you can't lose for 6 more weeks. Outstanding & congrats!

200 (1).gif

This is a poem of everything: Anticipation, patience, determination, excellent story telling and the sheds add a personal touch that only @Oak can rival with his voluminous prose.

The judges have awarded you 75 Dr. Frankenfurters, 3.9 million stars in the Andromeda galaxy and a smile that you can't lose for 6 more weeks. Outstanding & congrats!

View attachment 197485
If is wasn't snowing hard and the closest place to buy a lottery was not 30 miles, I would be playing the lottery now.

If is wasn't snowing hard and the closest place to buy a lottery was not 30 miles, I would be playing the lottery now.
You have won the most prestigious Whitetail lottery of life through an epic story of patience, skill, knowledge, and superb hunting story telling and illustrations.
Thank-you so much for sharing!

Really enjoyed the perseverance and the strategy. This reminded me of the Public Land Nemesis thread but with a great ending (so far, I am still hoping for a good ending to that one too).

You should be proud of how this hunt was conducted on a mature whitetail. Antler size notwithstanding, any deer harvested the way the hunt unfolded would be a trophy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back