Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

A Whitetail story

Hell of a write up my friend. The history you have with those deer is amazing. Congratulations on an outstanding buck.

From the little I’ve seen you post on here I know you have long histories and relationships with deer and it’s pretty remarkable seeing those sheds next to him. Congratulations on a fantastic buck.

Epic saga well teased out @antlerradar!

Reading most stories my brain wants to skip over land descriptions such as, ’over to the west, upstream was the island, or even 75 yards away’, but for THIS STORY I bet if you were to set me down in the section of land, I could quickly show where all the actions took place.

I completely get the feeling of triumph mixed with sadness. That it’s over and there is a victor and the vanquished.

What a magnificent old buck.

Amazing it was done without Sitka gear, sponsors, and social media hype. Good to see someone hunt for the right reason and appreciate the animal they harvest. Well done antlerradar.
I was looking at my picture and it dawned on me. I am wearing the same jacket I had on when I killed my last whitetail, back in 2006.

Man, I can’t believe he blew up like that at 8.5 years old. They are supposed to be declining by then. Just goes to show you never know. Most bucks never get the chance to reach their potential.

I was looking at my picture and is dawned on me. I am wearing the same jacket I had on when I killed my last whitetail, back in 2006.
If it works there is nothing you need to change. A little disappointed you weren’t wearing blue jeans. $500 for a hunting outfit is cool though everyone should do it.

Congratulations on a well earned buck, he’s truly a special deer! I dream of getting out of the thick woods and hunting deer in more open country like that where it’s possible to see them a bit more and keep tabs on them, it’s got to add to the enjoyment of the hunt significantly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back