A post that is about hunting

RidgeRoamingRichard

Seems like there are a lot of bored folks on here getting after each other rather than sharing hunting stories and advice, so I thought my little story might help remind us why we are on here....because we like to hunt!

My buddy and I decided to check out some meadows near rimini. It was 75 degrees a couple days before, so we figured it would be snowy, but manageable. As is usually the case, we figured wrong. After parking the truck miles before the intended trailhead, we drug ourselves up a low pass, post holing through knee high snow most of the way. Definitely could have used some snowshoes.

Because the drive and hike in took so long, we missed the party! There were fresh coyote tracks everywhere on the ridgeline, so we found a nice spot upwind of an open meadow and started calling. We did take a break for lunch, but we called for hours with no luck. Still had a ton of fun and got a great work out. We will get back after them soon!0308201330_HDR.jpg0308200954_HDR.jpg0308200911.jpg

Nice thread matey, great photo's, I have had to sit on my hands for the past few days in relation to one of the threads on here ;)
At least I can still get out hunting every day.
Cheers
Richard

Gearing up for Coyote hunting myself. Looking to hit the woods at the end of the month hoping NOT to run into as much snow as you. I am kind of in the same boat as far as getting back on track. The forum seems to always wonder off track with posts of every kind (stocks, religion, you name it). Maybe the moderators could do some filtering?????

Back