Caribou Gear Tarp

A milestone for me and the missus

devon deer

Apparently some people said we wouldn't last 3 months, how wrong were they.
30 years ago today we got married, we met in the February of 1985 and married 6 months later.
Our son was born 2 years later and the daughter 4 years after that.

I'm sure it was down to drinking the bottle ourselves, several glasses of wine for my wife and real ale up the pub for me, but she said something very rash, 'why don't you go back to Montana in time for the rifle opener!'
Now i could have said yes thanks i will, but not being selfish i said i would leave it for 12 months:D

I will take her on holiday between now and then, she does like the beach.

Blimey the alcohol is kicking in, i have a headache!

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Congrats to you and your wife. Enjoy your Holiday at the beach. I'm sure there will be a be a few fish near by that will need a fly tossed their way when you are there.

Cheers, Richard, to you and the wife! Right behind you myself. Wednesday makes 27 years for us.

Congratulations to you and the Missus. Bring her to Montana with you for the opener.:) She'll forget how much she likes the beach.

Congratulations on 30 years of marriage. I believe you uncovered the secret when you spoke about being unselfish. That is what it takes. Congrats!

Thanks very much chaps, not like me to create such a thread, but that's what happens when you drink to many bevvies!
I'm sure there are people on here who have been married much longer.

My wife has seen Montana, brought her and the kids over in 2005.
But she doesn't hunt or fish.
Blimey some would see that as a miracle we have lasted 30 years!

But still, here's to the next 30:D

Cheers

Richard

I just had my 1st anniversary in August and it's been awesome converting the 'city girl' to eating wild game and living in the country and now hunting and fishing. It's been and awesome year and I can't wait to hit 30!

I just had my 1st anniversary in August and it's been awesome converting the 'city girl' to eating wild game and living in the country and now hunting and fishing. It's been and awesome year and I can't wait to hit 30!
I can totally relate to that, the first 33 years of my life i lived in a suburb of a city, but my mother was a country girl at heart, a farmers daughter, it was my mother that got me interested in hunting, not my dad!
I shot my first rabbit with a homemade bow and arrow at the age of 10.
So when my friends were heading into the city for 'fun' i was going in the opposite direction to the countryside.
So it was a shock to my future 'city' wife when she learned of my passion for fishing/hunting, but as you say, it was great 'educating' her and she now enjoys the fish/venison/pheasant i bring home, but she refuses to eat rabbit!
Oh well you can't win them all.
Cheers
Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back