Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

A bit of fishin'...

BuzzH

Went yesterday to check on a few pronghorn spots and threw the fishing stuff in just in case.

The pronghorns seemed to be doing pretty well, showing some pretty good horn growth, about average I'd say.

Fished for about 4 hours and caught 25 or so decent trout, largest was about 22 inches, smallest ones were 17, cookie-cutters. I wish they were walleye, but they fought good and I brought back a few for a friend who really likes trout.

Used a secret lure...and no I'm not going to tell what they were hitting.;) or that I was fishing Pathfinder Reservoir.

IMG_1023.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

Poor things are about starving...

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

The ones that didnt get released:

IMG_1040.JPG

Nice fish Buzz. Should have use one of those Sandy Mites from your collection though :)

Nice fish Buzz. Should have use one of those Sandy Mites from your collection though :)

Ever try casting a fly in 20-30 mph winds?

I missed/lost at least a dozen fish because of the wind. Had to fish pretty slow as the water is cold...and that means wayyy too much slack at times.

Should have went with a 3/16 or 1/4 ounce jig...if I would have been serious about it.

Ever try casting a fly in 20-30 mph winds?

Many times. I often chose my spot at Lake Meeboer based on what direction the wind was blowing so I could get it at my back.

One day I was fishing Diamond Lake and watched a dude in a belly boat get blown clear across the lake and have to hike back around because he couldn't paddle.

Nice fish.

Nice outing, Buzz! Looks like a really good time! Some oinker pictures.

Thats a well spent Saturday Buzz. Looks like they managed to eat pretty well through the winter.

Nice catch. I used to fish the canyon walls up near the dam in Seminoe this time of the year and through the end of the month. Most of what I caught were in the mid 20's, as well as a scattered walleye.

NICE! You day was much more productive than mine.

I wish trout tasted as good as they look.

Nothing like the fight of a healthy trout. Buzz, I'd like to send you some jigs to try on those trout. Made with wild turkey marabou. We fish them under a bobber for smallmouth but trout like them also. If you PM me an address to deliver them to I'll get them on the way.

Man Buzz.... Those trout look like they might have blown away if you left them laying out and not on a stringer. Must not have been much meat on those! lol

Back