60 Minutes Wyoming Green Energy Segment

BigHornRam

Interesting segment last Sunday. Seemed like the usual promotional journalism that 60 Minutes is known for. My thoughts on the company that wants to sell expensive wind energy to California, probably not going to happen. Reguarding the carbon capture project, I would like to hear more details about how this new technology shakes out.

Why would anybody listen to their propaganda, or take advice from incompetent fools. Kinda like asking my roofer how to fix a cavity in my teeth. I wish the conservatives would must their funds and buy the controlling interests in these media companies and fire all these holes and their propaganda.

Why would anybody listen to their propaganda, or take advice from incompetent fools. Kinda like asking my roofer how to fix a cavity in my teeth. I wish the conservatives would must their funds and buy the controlling interests in these media companies and fire all these holes and their propaganda.
You listen so you know what they are planning to do.

Details of the proposed wind farm. 50% private land, 50% public land.

They are going to destroy that entire area before long. It is sad and disgusting. Some of that land is some amazing wild areas.

The stupid power line they just built from Sinclair, down through Colorado destroyed a ton of good habitat and ruined some of our family hunting spots...

It is sickening and the biggest problem is none of it will make a profit. The only way any of it is actually feasible is due to tax payer funding...

Anyone actually buy the idea that the wind farms are good for grouse? It seems funny that oil and gas has been blamed for decades for having negative impacts on Sage Grouse, but somehow power lines, roads, and windmills actually increase grouse?

It is sickening and the biggest problem is none of it will make a profit. The only way any of it is actually feasible is due to tax payer funding...

That is a solid point 60 Minutes failed to mention. Also California is the only state foolish enough at this time to force their residents to purchase "green" electricity at such a high price. That could change as California continues to implode it's economy.

Last edited:
Anyone actually buy the idea that the wind farms are good for grouse? It seems funny that oil and gas has been blamed for decades for having negative impacts on Sage Grouse, but somehow power lines, roads, and windmills actually increase grouse?
Haven’t seen studies for grouse, but for waterfowl, avoidance distances are much larger for wind turbines than well pads.

Renewable energy companies will continue to build bigger and bigger projects as long as there is government money propping all this up and regulations forcing absurd power generation prices be passed onto the consumer in states like California and Washington.
What is also missed in all their expensive efforts is the fact that each Megawatt of renewable energy is not a replacement Megawatt but an additional Megawatt that the rate payer is subsidizing. We will still need steady, reliable base load generation for when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow.

Interesting they are building a massive wind farm without a single contract to sell the energy produced? What company can afford to invest that time/money/resources without any guarantee? The entire thing is a disaster.... FYI this is the power transmission line. These photos were of a rare area in the desert west of Baggs. This area was one big canyon that did not have a road (actually has a couple stunted growth aspen) it has a riparian area in the bottom... It was one of a few spots where a person could hike a mile and not hit a road. Now unfortunately there is a new huge road right in the middle of it all...
road 1.jpgroad 2.jpgroad 3.jpg

...and regulations forcing absurd power generation prices be passed onto the consumer in states like California and Washington
Might want to check those prices. My rates are way lower in WA than what I paid in MT. And MT rates just got jacked up enough that @BigHornRam might need to rethink his opposition to Chinese solar panels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back