60 Minutes Wyoming Green Energy Segment

I spent a career in Energy. The way the government skews the numbers on solar and wind should be criminal. They don’t include electrical loss via resistance in their efficiency calculations which is huge. They ignore the damage done to wildlife. They ignore how much energy it takes to build and maintain the “green” systems. They ignore disposal issues with batteries and plastics. It’s a complete bunch of propaganda and I can’t believe how so many people believe they are saving the planet with this crap yet they are fine with overpopulating. Rant over. I feel better now
I don’t disagree and some of these practices make me shake my head.

On the other hand it is a necessity at some point to have alternatives. Only so many mosquitos can drill into a host before they drain it. Which is exactly what we are doing with oil.

Hopefully some day this all becomes economically feasible where there is no need to BS the public.

I would like 60 Minutes to do a segment on the destruction of tundra areas that i have seen in the far north where mining for rare metals takes place.
I don't know if 60 minutes has done a segment on that, but they did do a segment called Pleistocene Park, where they advocate for cutting down encroaching conifer, bringing in livestock to trample the tundra, to someday be replaced with reintroduce mastodons in Siberia, all in the name of saving the planet.

Sounds crazy? It is!

They are going to destroy that entire area before long. It is sad and disgusting. Some of that land is some amazing wild areas.

The stupid power line they just built from Sinclair, down through Colorado destroyed a ton of good habitat and ruined some of our family hunting spots...

It is sickening and the biggest problem is none of it will make a profit. The only way any of it is actually feasible is due to tax payer funding...
It is incredibly clear to me the total double standard in regard to energy development. According to all the political leaders in Denver/Boulder, oil and gas is the great evil and will completely destroy all habitats and landscapes, yet solar and wind, so called “green, renewable” energy has absolutely no impact on the landscape or habitat. Voters have been sold a complete scam.

And Hertz is selling off almost 1/3 (20K) of their EV fleet, and buying ICE vehicles to replace. Factors spurring the decision included people not wanting to rent EV-only, and the high cost of EV repairs / parts availability.

We went to Orlando last Summer, not my first choice for vacation but it was a graduation gift for our son. Hertz didn't have a car available to rent if you didn't have a reservation except a whole row of Tesla's. Who wants to deal with the hassle of trying to charge one while on vacation?

It is incredibly clear to me the total double standard in regard to energy development. According to all the political leaders in Denver/Boulder, oil and gas is the great evil and will completely destroy all habitats and landscapes, yet solar and wind, so called “green, renewable” energy has absolutely no impact on the landscape or habitat. Voters have been sold a complete scam.
Being kind of judgmental with your rhetoric, Mr blaster!

For anyone who's wondering how much power is produced by the source and when - see links below. SPP, WECC, and ERCOT include most of the western US. You can see historical trends, etc., of where your power comes from. Ercot (texas) has a daily production on the website displayed graphically and there might be a way to dig and get it elsewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back