$45G for a sheep

Rob Holliday, Safari Club International's convention operations manager, said 100 percent of the funds will go to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.

At least they've got that going for them.

I'll be honest, that's pretty cheap by today's prices.
Yep. First year of the SLC Expo, Steve Hornady bought the NM sheep tag for $175K and put it back up for auction buying it again for another $170K.

BTW, I doubt he could have gone to MX for a Desert Sheep for that price...

Ive been shopping a BH hunt and in all seriousness, if a guy has that kind of cash, that really isnt out of line at all. The tag prices on sheep have all jumped up dramatically the last few years w tags becoming way harder to come by in the draws.

The future of deer and elk hunting?

We know it's a dangerous precedent as Wildlife agencies continue to be starved for cash and the lure of the almighty buck is like crack cocaine.

That said, if they keep these auction and raffle tags to a strict minimum, with high transparency from the organization that is auctioning off the tags, and clear money trail it can be a win win.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see that. Unfortunately, the activity of big game hunting has become increasingly a big money past-time. Sheep hunting being the worst of them all.

Non-resident big game hunting is big money.

As a Pennsylvania resident, I can hunt every species, every season, for about $100. Also, I can buy unlimited doe tags for about $6 a piece.

Non-resident big game hunting is big money.

As a Pennsylvania resident, I can hunt every species, every season, for about $100. Also, I can buy unlimited doe tags for about $6 a piece.

But you have to live in Pennsylvania

j/k :D

I've hunted 26 of my 35 yr life and I have never seen an elk, moose, bear, goat or sheep in Illinois. Even if there were, I'm sure that our crooked state govt and the animal rights activists would find a way to make it impossible to hunt them.

I've hunted 26 of my 35 yr life and I have never seen an elk, moose, bear, goat or sheep in Illinois. Even if there were, I'm sure that our crooked state govt and the animal rights activists would find a way to make it impossible to hunt them.

I don't know what to tell you, but I paid more to hunt whitetail in Illinois than to hunt antelope in Wyoming.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back