Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

4 Canadian wolves air-dropped in US national park to deal with moose

The route CO is heading... Wolves will be there, unfortunately. Leave it to judicial obstruction, anti ESA nutters and the companies/organizations that fund the forced re-introduction. Then CO will be miles behind how to get the State to manage them... Took Montana forever. Now we have mass amounts due to the wolf lover's $$$ that restricted our ability to manage them.

It's an unfortunate inevitably. The anti-ESA crowd will force them on CO eventually.

Wolves suck. Though wolves are what we have.

Adapt is the name of the game.

'nother subject though I don't envy you Colorado residents and the future wolf population.

Listen to Randy's podcast on how the anti-ESA crowd ignore the true ESA wolves in your neighboring states, Mexican wolf.

Read up with the opposition shared by Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation regarding their opposition to wolves in CO.

Wolves are awesome! ;)

You guys really need to get out more.

If you are lumping Sytes and I into a collective and like minded "you guys" - that is golden. If not, unwittingly well played.
But I will admit a few admittedly disturbing similarities. Wonder if Charles gets it?:ROFLMAO:

Not really accurate, well maybe for the wolf digestive biological examinations, if the inbreeding doesn't interfere with a common study.
Problem with pretending the predator/prey is a good study - it would be applicable to other islands of the same wolf territory and pack size.
Isle Royale is approx 53 miles...

Regionally, as learned earlier in this thread, the average pack size is between 4-7 for a span of 50-80 miles (varies between MI, WI, and MN.)
The re-introduction alone has already exceeded this qty for the average territory / wolf pack size.
Consider the litter size each year and it further spreads away from any reasonable study for comparative use.

Man you're a broken record. Repeating yourself doesn't make it true though. The fact that there is inbreeding doesn't invalidate the research no matter how strongly your anti wolf bias wills it to.

. Took Montana forever. Now we have mass amounts due to the wolf lover's $$$ that restricted our ability to manage them.

Wolf lover's money was far from the only thing that kept Montana from managing wolves.

The likes of Big Game Forever and SFW's line drawn in the sand of "all or nothing, shoot on sight, treat them like coyotes" hampered the time line every bit as much. Just take a look at Wyoming's approach,,,,,

You can also thank that left leaning, wolf loving, radical middle commie Ben Lamb for being in the thick of things of getting the wolf delisted. I know I appreciate what he did.

Last edited:
5 wolf licenses per person and a 6-month season isn't enough. I wish they could be hunted 12 months a year, baited, snared, and gunned from aircraft on private property without permission. I also wish that I win the powerball tonight. It's going to be a sloppy antelope opener.

No if. Just when. But they won't be dropped because they're going to walk in on their own. All your 22 -250 can do about it is watch.
And the other cattle ranchers and producers you think all they’ll do is watch? Do you think Montana ranchers just watch I doubt it probably a good thing they SSS or outside Yellowstone would be a game less desert. You’re right about the 22-250 my rock river arms would be much better choice way faster follow up shots for target rich environment.:LOL:

Last edited:
Don't be ridiculous. Montana ranchers didn't stop a thing though they talk the big talk like you.

You should go read Randy's new thread about caribou hunting.Hardly a Gameless land. Wolves are all over. Funny how that is.

Most of us dream about hunting in places that happen to be full of wolves, and yet the hunting is Great.

Don't be ridiculous. Montana ranchers didn't stop a thing though they talk the big talk like you.

You should go read Randy's new thread about caribou hunting.Hardly a Gameless land. Wolves are all over. Funny how that is.

Most of us dream about hunting in places that happen to be full of wolves, and yet the hunting is Great.
Oh I’m more than talk man. If you plan on hunting Colorado you shouldn’t we are wolf free so far except maybe one or two that got lost. You should stick to the wolf states waaaay better hunting elk herds are twice as big as ours. Good luck pard.

Oh I’m more than talk man. If you plan on hunting Colorado you shouldn’t we are wolf free so far except maybe one or two that got lost. You should stick to the wolf states waaaay better hunting elk herds are twice as big as ours. Good luck pard.
Uh huh...

This is worth quoting...

Back